Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-18-2015, 09:34 AM

Question Group draw application question

I have a friend from Manitoba that I would like to hunter host for moose in a couple years so he would like to start building priority now.

My understanding is that he and I would have to apply for the antlered moose draw as a group and that the priority of the group would be equal to the person with the lowest priority, so in this case zero.

My question is if I am currently a priority 2 for antlered moose and we put in for moose as a group and are unsuccessful (which is expected) what would my priority be next year?

When we are drawn as a group do we both get a license or is it one partner license?

Thanks

Recon
Old 06-18-2015, 09:38 AM

You would be a priority 1 if you stay as group draw next year, however you would be a P3 if you applied as a individual. You would each have a moose tag if drawn, otherwise move to P2 and P4 the following year but would only be drawn as P2 group.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 PM

That makes sense.
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:28 PM

I think that everyone's priority level goes up if they apply in a group, if not drawn, regardless of each individual's priority level that put in for said draw. If the OPs priority level is 2 this year, it should be a 3 next year, even if they put a group draw in with someone with no priority level this year.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:54 AM

your right Scott i have been doing group with wife for years . and on some draws we choose to go as individual now. may priority is still increased each year. as is hers, we did it so that for moose i will get drawn one year and her the next. we can only handle one moose and elk a year still giving friends meat to enjoy.each year