Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Default Lac La Nonne

Has anyone been to Lac La Nonne the past day or two?.. How's the fishing, the ice, the snow on ice, etc... Thinking of going out in the next day or 2 to see if anything is biting.. I've been sick with a heck of a cold and feeling better so need to get out fishing! Any reports would be appreciated.. tx
Old 02-01-2015, 05:40 PM

i was there for few hours Saturday. one 10'' perch ,a couple bits . i moved around till i found a load on the flasher screen but couldn't get them to bit .
tricky little devils lol
Old 02-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Was there for 6 hours Saturday. No problem with snow on the ice, very little in fact, and ice was 14 plus inches.

Fishing where I was was very slow. Seen very little on the camera, one small walleye and nary a pike. Few tiny perch seen.

Landed 4, 5 or 6 inch perch.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:00 PM

Well I never had much other than lost hook three pike and a few missed decent bites
Old 02-01-2015, 07:33 PM

Was out today. There was only about an inch or so of snow on the ice. Seen lots of fish - nothing really biting. Had two bites all day today and missed them both (pike).
Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 PM

Thanks you guys for the reports, sounds good enough for me. I'll go on Wed. the weather should be nice at -4 sunny. See if I can catch some of those little buggers!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:16 AM

Was out there Sunday morning. No problem getting around at all. Had my truck in 2 wheel drive the whole time. Ice is good, didn't measure but 15+ probably closer to 20". We were slow. Caught one keeper and 2 smaller all pike. Guy beside us was catching lots.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:52 PM

Default It was beautiful on Lac La Nonne Today!

I went out today (Wed) I tried a few different places on the lake. I found the elusive perch but they just wouldn't bite! I tried every kind of bait, lure, even my true tested desperate measures tricks...nothing! But I had fun watching them with my Fish Phone camera. Take a look if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAi...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-04-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker2 View Post
I went out today (Wed) I tried a few different places on the lake. I found the elusive perch but they just wouldn't bite! I tried every kind of bait, lure, even my true tested desperate measures tricks...nothing! But I had fun watching them with my Fish Phone camera. Take a look if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAi...ature=youtu.be
Next time put a small fly like a red or black chironomid below a Hali jig or small 5 of diamonds.
Lower to the bottom then ultra slowly raise it up to 3 feet from bottom. Tightly jiggle the hook as it is raised. Set on any resistance.

Your motion was not optimal to trigger an escaping prey response.

Think how a chironomid wiggles as it slowly drifts towards the surface. Think like a bug.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-04-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Next time put a small fly like a red or black chironomid below a Hali jig or small 5 of diamonds.
Lower to the bottom then ultra slowly raise it up to 3 feet from bottom. Tightly jiggle the hook as it is raised. Set on any resistance.

Your motion was not optimal to trigger an escaping prey response.

Think how a chironomid wiggles as it slowly drifts towards the surface. Think like a bug.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try next time I'm in this situation!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:14 PM

x2 on the Hali Jig! I put 2 maggots on the single hook with the firetiger bead. That's my go-to

I even landed a couple small walleye at la nonne on the hali miraculously...
Old 02-09-2015, 08:23 AM

Anyone out on Lac La Nonne this weekend? Any trouble getting around after all the snow and drfting last week?
Old 02-28-2015, 08:00 PM

Default Lac la nonne

I think that it had winter kill. We were there last week on south side and fished few different spots. Not a single fish seen, we were after whites, pike and perch. Seen lots of dead minnow fish all over place. Any body else with the same experience out there?
Old 02-28-2015, 09:32 PM

Yes we were out there about 3 weeks ago and saw the same thing! Its just so unbelievable that a lake with that kind of depth would winterkill but it sure is looking that way.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:32 PM

was out there last sunday saw lots of dead fish on the bottom didn't see any fish on the camera all day
Old 03-01-2015, 07:34 AM

My dad has been out there, he seen lots of dead fish on bottom.
He said he was talking to an old timer, and figures that there isn't enough oxygen in the water.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:49 PM

I was there a few weeks ago and every species were up just below the ice which another forum member told me had to do with barometric pressure. On further research it looks like it was a lack of oxygen thing... one week later there were dead fish all over the place. I can't imagine a lake like that winter killing either, but it sure looks that way. I didn't see a single live fish on my last trip out.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pilot cock View Post
I was there a few weeks ago and every species were up just below the ice which another forum member told me had to do with barometric pressure. On further research it looks like it was a lack of oxygen thing... one week later there were dead fish all over the place. I can't imagine a lake like that winter killing either, but it sure looks that way. I didn't see a single live fish on my last trip out.
X2 although I never saw a bunch of dead fish but never saw a live fish on my camera and I drilled numerous holes at different depths.