Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-09-2018, 07:00 AM

Default QC

With the CZ Turkish made guns has been dismal at best.Hundreds of complaints on many websites like "Shotgun World" Don't know if they have pulled their socks up but CZ/USA at one point sent back an entire shipment. Definitely don't buy an older or used one.You get what you pay for .
Old 09-09-2018, 08:01 AM

Default CZ quality

The original ones I think, were of better quality, but somehow they got progressively bad reviews over the next few years. I personally think they started cutting corners for awhile to keep up with demand. The shotgun forums did reflect a lot of trigger and ejector issues.
All of the original ringnecks that I purchased worked flawlessly. They would have been some of the first ones out.
They developed a bit of a bad reputation after a bit, so much so, that the ringneck is no longer an option. They now make the same gun (28 ga sxs) under a different name (bobwhite?).
Old 09-09-2018, 08:39 AM

With Prophet River, and AO sponsor, now handling them, I would have absolutely zero hesitation buying one. They have a wide selection, many with lovely wood. If something were to happen, I KNOW you would be looked after by Clay and his staff.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Default Huglu

I've owned 3 "Bobwhite" SxSs, all twin trigger, straight grip, extractor models from around the 2005-2008 era and I'll comment on them:

CZ .410....great little wand w/26" barrels with fixed chokes that patterns significantly above center and is regulated perfectly. Really like it!

CZ 28 ga...wanted to like it, but never shot it as well as the .410. 26" barrels, physically lighter than the .410, and regulated well, but shot a bit lower. Don't have it anymore as I didn't shoot it well enough to keep around....you might like it the best...all about gun fit.

deHaan imported 20 ga...28" barrels, regulated perfectly, and patterns a little above center. It is actually fairly heavy for a 20 ga SxS, weighing more than my 16 ga SxS (AYA). It is a bit chunky in the hand as well for the gauge. That said, it makes a decent target gun, but I am less apt to carry it bird hunting. Best triggers of the three I've owned.

I've never had a malfunction with any of the three. Probably have 6,000 shots through them total, with over half in the .410.