Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-13-2014, 02:10 PM

Question Ministers Tag?

Where can I find more info on this? I have looked on the AFGA website but they don't have a lot of info there. A few of the questions I have are, "Minister’s Special Licence will only be redeemable until December 1, 2015 as it is only valid for the 2015 Hunting Season. Following this date the cash equivalent of the prize will be awarded." does that mean whoever draws the tag and doesn't use it by december 1 get what the tags valued at, ex. ROCKY MOUNTAIN BIGHORN SHEEP - VALUED AT: $30,000.00"? What does the ticket money get used for and say I get lucky and win the mule deer, I should hopefully get drawn next year so can I hold 2 tags? Does it affect your draws at all and where do you go to see the winners? What are the dates that you can buy tickets? Also on the AFGA website it says, "Must be 18 years of age (Restrictions apply)" well what are the restrictions? If anyone can shed light on any of my questions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-13-2014, 03:20 PM

http://www.afga.org/ministers-special-licence.html
Old 12-13-2014, 04:28 PM

Thanks, that's what I looked at and it doesn't answer my questions. I found a email address for AFGA so I guess I'll see if they reply before next season.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhd View Post
Where can I find more info on this? I have looked on the AFGA website but they don't have a lot of info there. A few of the questions I have are, "Minister’s Special Licence will only be redeemable until December 1, 2015 as it is only valid for the 2015 Hunting Season. Following this date the cash equivalent of the prize will be awarded." does that mean whoever draws the tag and doesn't use it by december 1 get what the tags valued at, ex. ROCKY MOUNTAIN BIGHORN SHEEP - VALUED AT: $30,000.00"? What does the ticket money get used for and say I get lucky and win the mule deer, I should hopefully get drawn next year so can I hold 2 tags? Does it affect your draws at all and where do you go to see the winners? What are the dates that you can buy tickets? Also on the AFGA website it says, "Must be 18 years of age (Restrictions apply)" well what are the restrictions? If anyone can shed light on any of my questions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Cash prize is only available if ESRD is unable to issue the tag. The prize must be accepted as awarded.

It does not affect any of your other licenses or draws.

Money from tags is granted by special committee to wildlife projects in the Province.

Winners are posted on the AFGA website.

Other restrictions include: being a resident of Alberta, and being eligible to hold a hunting license in Alberta. The tag is non-transferrable.

Tickets may be purchased from now until the draw date or until they sell out.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouhuntress View Post
Cash prize is only available if ESRD is unable to issue the tag. The prize must be accepted as awarded.

Money from tags is granted by special committee to wildlife projects in the Province.

Other restrictions include: being a resident of Alberta, and being eligible to hold a hunting license in Alberta. The tag is non-transferrable.

Thanks! May I ask where you got this info?
Old 12-13-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouhuntress View Post

Why would ESRD be unable to issue the tag?