Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2017, 03:27 PM

Thumbs up Chilliwack guides fined $50,000 for illegal hunting and fishing in Alberta

They were charged with offences committed before they moved to BC from Alberta. Looks like they might have problems staying in business in BC.
http://www.abbynews.com/news/414667784.html
Old 02-24-2017, 04:01 PM

A Hefty Fine! And the word about them is already spreading throughout BC

Mac
Old 02-24-2017, 04:08 PM

WOW!! Just not that bright I'd have to say.. Or a huge set of STUPID balls!!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:11 PM

I once posed with an elk that my wife shot, never would have guessed that was illegal.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
WOW!! Just not that bright I'd have to say.. Or a huge set of STUPID balls!!

They should both be sterilized.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
I once posed with an elk that my wife shot, never would have guessed that was illegal.
That's what I initially thought as well.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
WOW that is illegal ???
So if you called elk in ( what we all know is the hardest part) and she pulled trigger , shouldn't you have a equal rights for picture?
Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Banned

Default Disgraced Albertans try and pull a fast one in another province.

Figured I'd just throw this out there. Unreal that these idiots got another license...

http://www.abbynews.com/news/414667784.html?mobile=true

This is the company to avoid,

https://www.hookedupwithscreaminreels.com/
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 PM

Angry

That's disgusting. The hearing was today so lets hope these people never get to touch our Lakes or Rivers ever again, what a couple of idiots.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:06 PM

Scum bags
Old 02-24-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hunter View Post
WOW that is illegal ???
So if you called elk in ( what we all know is the hardest part) and she pulled trigger , shouldn't you have a equal rights for picture?
That may not have been the case however, the animals may have been shot without a tag.
However, it states that many of thee charges were dropped so unless a person can see the transcripts it is just speculation on what happened..
Cat
Old 02-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
hmmm.... Why would posing with your wifes Elk be illegal? Did you get a fine or something?

Last edited by waterninja; 02-24-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Don I think your headline should be " Alberta poachers now guiding on the Fraser"
Old 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
hmmm.... Why would posing with your wifes Elk be illegal? Did you get a fine or something?
According to the link it's unlawful.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
According to the link it's unlawful.
Ahhhhh. Now I get you, and I agree. Just because she was posing or was in the same image as the deer, the rifle, or the lynx means absoultly nothing. Doesn't mean she shot anything. Very strange. Probably just poor news reporting, and she was fined for other things she also did.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Banned

I hope they let me visit my grandson if he's arrested, because I'm 100% sure he didn't have a Black Bear tag. IMG_2120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2017, 05:38 AM

Default welcome to B(ring)C(ash)

Christie Clarke and the Liberals will look after them....
Look forward to the updates.
Rob
Old 02-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
WOW that is illegal ???
Last time I checked (6 years ago ) a person needs to be in possession of a valid licence , in your example elk when calling in game for someone else.
Being in a picture proves nothing but could get you a visit from ESRD if someone reported it.
Then anything you say could be used against you.

Last edited by stringer; 02-25-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
WOW that is illegal ???
Well...... if you didn't have a licence for elk the picture wouldn't be your problem.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I guess when all the spew settles we will find out how many charges stick etc.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Gone Hunting

I expected to see the name Dollard in the headline.

I wonder if they know each other?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Banned

I once posed for a picture with a road kill porqupine , OMG my hunting days are over, the judge is a dork ,
I hope they appeal it to the Supreme Court and cost the BC MOE a fist full of money, they do employ some pathetic morons at times, of coarse BC's MOE pay scale attracts low achievers
I do not condone any type of poaching ! but using someone's picture posing with dead wildlife is pretty bogus and not likely to withstand a challenge in a Real Courtroom , rather than a kangaroo court presided over by a chimp ,
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
I once posed for a picture with a road kill porqupine , OMG my hunting days are over, the judge is a dork ,
I hope they appeal it to the Supreme Court and cost the BC MOE a fist full of money, they do employ some pathetic morons at times, of coarse BC's MOE pay scale attracts low achievers
I do not condone any type of poaching ! but using someone's picture posing with dead wildlife is pretty bogus and not likely to withstand a challenge in a Real Courtroom , rather than a kangaroo court presided over by a chimp ,
Could very well have been that the deer was taken by someone else that had already tagged an animal, or she did not have the proper license, unless we have the transcripts we will never know.
Cat
Old 02-25-2017, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Could very well have been that the deer was taken by someone else that had already tagged an animal, or she did not have the proper license, unless we have the transcripts we will never know.
Cat
I have dozens if pics, my wife or daughter with all sorts of big game I have taken over the years, sheep,moose, elk, Grizz, caribou, deer,

I guess if Gordy the Judge seen my hunting albums he would have my wife and daughter in jail, lmao
Old 02-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Wow, not the direction I expected from this bunch. Pretty sure there was more than a picture guys. there would have had to be some statement from the accused, or other evidence to prove she poached the animals in question.

The interesting part is will BC go after them for illegal guiding as well, looks like a fair bit of evidence they were guiding before their license came through. Evidently they have no respect for game laws so perhaps lifetime bans and much bigger fines should be next.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Wow, not the direction I expected from this bunch. Pretty sure there was more than a picture guys. there would have had to be some statement from the accused, or other evidence to prove she poached the animals in question.

The interesting part is will BC go after them for illegal guiding as well, looks like a fair bit of evidence they were guiding before their license came through. Evidently they have no respect for game laws so perhaps lifetime bans and much bigger fines should be next.
Some if the most prolific poachers in BC are long time licensed guides, not wanting to derail, but just a fact, and the BC MOE hasn't dealt with that in 20+ years
Take time and check what piddly fines and suspensions BC courts hand out to licened Guides( licenced poaching inc) over many years and hundreds of cases
Old 02-25-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You don't really believe that charges were laid strictly because the were in a picture with a dead animal? Really??
Old 02-25-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I have dozens if pics, my wife or daughter with all sorts of big game I have taken over the years, sheep,moose, elk, Grizz, caribou, deer,

I guess if Gordy the Judge seen my hunting albums he would have my wife and daughter in jail, lmao
Your pictures were not part of an investigation and resulting charges
You need to stop with with the sarcastic remarks.
Like I stated earlier the pictures are for on an article that does not disclose all of the information
Cat
Old 02-25-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
You do realize that this happened in Alberta, so BC MOE have nothing to do with charging the poachers.

The concern is that these "poachers" who have publically admitted that she did poach the deer (BC Hunting and Fishing or other BC hunting site on crackbook) have now moved to the coast and started a sturgeon guiding business, then again on crackbook, shows pictures of clients with sturgeon weeks before they were issued a guiding licence.

Once a poacher, always a poacher.....and their ego will always get the best of them.

Cheers

SS
Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 AM

People not realize what they are doing? How stupid can people get!?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk