Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
No it was dumb advice. The lack of common sense and decency these days always get me sucked into these arguments. I really don't care if what you are saying is right or not. Someone has taken the time to go through the process of obtaining and maintaining a lease for their use. The least a person can do is call and talk to the lease holder and if he/she doesn't want anyone hunting then so be it. Respect their wishes. Just walking on and doing whatever you like is about as "knuckleheaded" as you can get.
so following the rules put in place and exercising your rights as a taxpayer is knuckleheaded now is it? you lost me when you said you really didnt care if what i said was right or not! so in other words right or wrong doesnt matter, but only your opinion matters. gotch ya. spoken like a true leftist marxist.
have a good day sir
Old 02-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Lots of cattle still on leases right now, no reason for them not to be. This is one of the biggest myths perpetrated during anti leaseholder threads on here.

Edit: this post isn't intended to call you out gitrdun, just trying to put an end to a myth.
actually its fact. unless a special permit has been issued to keep them on longer which can happen in certain situations. Im assuming you know this though as a five minute phone call or search would educate anyone on this matter.

Last edited by Olthreelegs; 02-23-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olthreelegs View Post
its seems that you have trouble reading hillybilly, that or you possibly can read, but rather your comprehension skills are lack luster. did i not say if there are crops on or cattle in pasture? yup, quite certain i did.
Also you should probably do a little bit of research before coming on here and opening your mouth and spewing nonsense. you mention tens of thousands of cattle on lease land right now?! check the regulations of the dates that livestock must be off of lease crown. their are exceptions in certain areas but for the most part it is october 31. especially on woodland lease. There are plenty of farmers that keep their cattle etc on after this but it doesnt mean its acceptable or following regulations.
Almost sounds like you might possibly be one of these entitled lease holders that breaks and bends all the rules and treats lease as private. again call fnw or lands and find out hard facts instead of trying to call me out and failing horribly.
i say this with all due respect good sir!!
Considering there is roughly 5 million head of cattle in this province ten's of thousands head of cattle out on leases at this time of the year is most likely very accurate. You are correct in saying that most leases require a leaseholder to take his cattle off by Oct 31st but even by your own admission there are exceptions. Telling someone to do research before opening their mouth and spewing garbage is quite funny when you almost back up what that person has said.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Banned

fyi, access can also be denied for hunting purposes if it falls under occupied leased land.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
so following the rules put in place and exercising your rights as a taxpayer is knuckleheaded now is it? you lost me when you said you really didnt care if what i said was right or not! so in other words right or wrong doesnt matter, but only your opinion matters. gotch ya. spoken like a true leftist marxist.
have a good day sir
It's actually the leftist wingnuts who are out there walking around doing whatever they please without any respect for those around them.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Considering there is roughly 5 million head of cattle in this province ten's of thousands head of cattle out on leases at this time of the year is most likely very accurate. You are correct in saying that most leases require a leaseholder to take his cattle off by Oct 31st but even by your own admission there are exceptions. Telling someone to do research before opening their mouth and spewing garbage is quite funny when you almost back up what that person has said.
actually boss you just circled again. i said they can deny access of cattle or crop!
sorry for giving you too much credit in thinking that you might be able to figure out that if one is denied access, you would make a couple calls to see if a special permit etc was handed out or not and precede from there. You also said i was correct in saying "most". So would this mean that these tens of thousands of cattle still on lease that you speak of are on there contrary to their own signed lease agreements?
anyway have a great day fine sir if you so choose.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's actually the leftist wingnuts who are out there walking around doing whatever they please without any respect for those around them.
explain to me how calling to give notice of accessing, and following your given rights, is "walking around doing whatever you please"?
wouldnt the lease holder who is going against his lease agreement by denying access without cause, be the one doing as he pleases?
Old 02-23-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
actually boss you just circled again. i said they can deny access of cattle or crop!
sorry for giving you too much credit in thinking that you might be able to figure out that if one is denied access, you would make a couple calls to see if a special permit etc was handed out or not and precede from there. You also said i was correct in saying "most". So would this mean that these tens of thousands of cattle still on lease that you speak of are on there contrary to their own signed lease agreements?
anyway have a great day fine sir if you so choose.
Yes you did say that. I didn't see that post. Too busy hammering on the keyboard...
Old 02-23-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
actually its fact. unless a special permit has been issued to keep them on longer which can happen in certain situations. Im assuming you know this though as a five minute phone call or search would educate anyone on this matter.
There are 6 different systems in place that allow ranchers to graze crown. The one my 160acre lease is under says nothing about when I can and can't graze. I don't need a 5 minute call, i have an agreement with you.

There isn't a lot of difference between leasing grazing ground and leasing a trapline. Maybe we should look at trappers priviledges?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw

Last edited by hillbillyreefer; 02-23-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
There are 6 different systems in place that allow ranchers to graze crown. The one my 160acre lease is under says nothing about when I can and can't graze. I don't need a 5 minute call, i have an agreement with you.

There isn't a lot of difference between leasing grazing ground and leasing a trapline. Maybe we should look at trappers priviledges?
actually its apples and oranges hillbilly. I think you better read your agreement again boss., I guess your lease must be "extra special"! wasnt hard to figure you were a lease holder.
have an absolutely great day if you so choose

Last edited by Olthreelegs; 02-23-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:

also you dont lease a trapline boss. thanks for coming out
Old 02-23-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
No it was dumb advice. The lack of common sense and decency these days always get me sucked into these arguments. I really don't care if what you are saying is right or not. Someone has taken the time to go through the process of obtaining and maintaining a lease for their use. The least a person can do is call and talk to the lease holder and if he/she doesn't want anyone hunting then so be it. Respect their wishes. Just walking on and doing whatever you like is about as "knuckleheaded" as you can get.
How is it dumb advice? The conditions of the lease literally say no contact is required between those dates
Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
actually its apples and oranges hillbilly. I think you better read your agreement again boss., I guess your lease must be "extra special"! wasnt hard to figure you were a lease holder.
My "extra special" piece is the same as hundreds of others in the area. Being clueless isn't helping your cause.

Maybe you could show me the dates listed on my agreement?

So traplines are free? Then why do they sell for such insane amounts of money? Must be because of the priviledged access to crown land it gives the line holder, eh? The argument about game animals on leased land is the "they belong to everyone", trappers on the other hand have several species reserved for themselves. Just sayin' "Boss".

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw

Last edited by hillbillyreefer; 02-23-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
My "extra special" piece is the same as hundreds of others in the area. Being clueless isn't helping your cause.

Maybe you could show me the dates listed on my agreement?

So traplines are free? Then why do they sell for such insane amounts of money? Must be because of the priviledged access to crown land it gives the line holder, eh? The argument about game animals on leased land is the "they belong to everyone", trappers on the other hand have several species reserved for themselves. Just sayin' "Boss".
So much inaccurate and obtuse info in that comment i couldnt begin to reply boss. you are the man hillbilly,
you have an absolutely wonderful day if you so choose!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
So much inaccurate and obtuse info in that comment i couldnt begin to reply boss. you are the man hillbilly,
you have an absolutely wonderful day if you so choose!
So the same as your inaccurate and obtuse grazing lease info. You are the man Olthreelegs.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
So the same as your inaccurate and obtuse grazing lease info. You are the man Olthreelegs.
pm me hillbilly. love to meet you and discuss this over coffee.
thanks boss
Old 02-24-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
also you dont lease a trapline boss. thanks for coming out
Actually registered trap lines on crown land are leased they are not owned .
Only the equipment and buildings are owned by the Trapper - at least they were when I was trapping .
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 02-24-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Actually regustered trap lines on crown land are leased they are not owned .
Only tgecequipment and buildings are owned by the Trapper - at least they were when I was trapping .
Cat
An adult resident of Alberta can obtain a registered fur management licence. With this licence the licence holder as well as his spouse or resident child under 18 years of age can hunt or trap furbearers within the specific boundary of a designated Registered Fur Management Area (RFMA) and also on private lands that they may own or occupy. These licences are administered by Alberta Fish and Wildlife

nothing to do with lease. maybe things have changed since your trapped cat. Had the hudson bay opened its doors yet when you were still trapping

actually the only lease is the lease for your cabins.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 AM

One cannot simply get a liscence and trap anywhere , it's a lot more involved than that
The RFMU's are designated , laid out and assigned to individuals and their liscenced junior partners and they do not assign two different registered liscences to the same Area.
A resident licence is different than a registered trap licence where several trappers can trap the sand piece of land - with authorization .
Cat
Old 02-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
One cannot simply get a liscence and trap anywhere , it's a lot more involved than that
The RFMU's are designated , laid out and assigned to individuals and their liscenced junior partners and they do not assign two different registered liscences to the same Area.
A resident licence is different than a registered trap licence where several trappers can trap the sand piece of land - with authorization .
Cat
thanks tips. Me and my wife have a trapline so i think i know how the system works. I do appreciate your concern though.
have an absolutely amazing day if you so choose.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
thanks tips. Me and my wife have a trapline so i think i know how the system works. I do appreciate your concern though.
have an absolutely amazing day if you so choose.
If you know the ins and outs why did you say you don't lease a trapline?
The lease involves the area you are allowed to trap. whether you build cabins on it is of no consequence.
Cat
Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
The lease involves the area you are allowed to trap. whether you build cabins on it is of no consequence.
Cat
i say you do not lease a trapline as you do not lease a trapline. not sure how else i could articulate this. You obtain the rights to trap fur on a specific rfma. leasing has nothing to do with it. If what you were saying was indeed correct then i guess someone forgot to give us a lease agreement..
Old 02-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Cat
further to that, the lease involves the chunk of land where you are able to build your cabin. again if what you were saying was correct and the lease involved the area you are allowed to trap, you better let all the people with rfma aware of this as they will be quite upset to hear they can only trap a couple acres of their trapline
Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
further to that, the lease involves the chunk of land where you are able to build your cabin. again if what you were saying was correct and the lease involved the area you are allowed to trap, you better let all the people with rfma aware of this as they will be quite upset to hear they can only trap a couple acres of their trapline
If you read the regulations you will see that cabins are not mentioned in the trapline lease area.
Now let's get back to the topic at hand.
Cat
Old 02-24-2017, 11:04 AM

If the lease states no contact required I dont phone out of courtesy. Alot of lease holders are inundated with calls at certain times a year. There is likely a reason its listed as such. I hunt the private property of a lease holder and he hates the amount of calls he receives.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:12 PM

Grazing reserves aka large areas have set dates cattle have to be on and off off. A grazing lease in most of the province are made up of individual quarters and can include multiple quarters in a singe lease usally have no time limit. But the local lease agronomist can put times for cattle to be off if he or she sees fit to do so. If say the lease holder has over grazed. Or if there was other problems with the lease. They have also put specific times for cattle to be off ei: oct31 because of hunting season.
It all varies from one area to another in the province
Most western zones in the foothills have a hard date of oct31 but most of that is a grazing reserve not a grazzing lease. Slightly different rules and slightly different wording. But you must call the local lease aggroligust with the lease number of the spacific lease to be sure.

Tags
crown land, hunting restrictions, ihunter, leaseholder