Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-26-2017, 07:24 AM

Default Wabamum Lake Ice Thickness?

Planning on taking kids to Wabamum Lake on this weekend (28/29). Just wondering if the ice is thick enough for half ton to drive on. Also, any suggestions on good fishing spot is appreciated. I am not looking for big catch, just lots of action for the kids.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:38 AM

Didn't measure it, but it is 20" or better within a half click of anywhere around fallis. We had our trucks out on Sunday as did everyone else, probably 30+ within sight.

I tried just west of the beach front in town, bit more than 400 meters off shore in front of the last houses, and had a great time. That being said we were one of only a small handful in that direction, most chose to go out by the point.

I'll be out that way this weekend as well, see you out there!

Cheers

Sent from my T06 using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 AM

The ice was 23 inches about 200-300 yards off the main pier in town as of last Saturday, saw lots of walleye and pike in 11 feet of water with sand/flat weed bottom. Anyone venture around the south west end of the lake? Particularly south of seba beach at all lately? Thinking of heading that way and wondering what the ice conditions are in that area of the lake.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:30 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I am sure kids are going to have lots of fun on the lake this weekend.