Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-25-2008, 03:04 PM

Talking Big Pike pics- Gull on Sunday

Well, Gull lake finally paid off. We've spent hours and hours and HOURS fishing this lake, as it's fairly close to home, and had limited success. Yesterday, I caught the biggest pike I've ever pulled through the ice- 13 lb., 37 inches long, and 21 inches in girth. It hit a small minnow on a small treble underneath a tip-up, at about 5:00pm. I had about 5 wraps of line left on my tip-up by the time I got to it- he ran fast and hard, and put up a great fight. Sorry for the strange face in one pic; my buddie was trying to work my camera, and I was attempting to "help"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Pike Feb. 24 o8.jpg (53.0 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg Bike Pike- Feb. 24 08.jpg (57.6 KB, 266 views)
Old 02-25-2008, 03:16 PM

catch any other fish or see much?
Try for whites at all?
Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 PM

The folks next to us saw a bunch of whites on their camera, although we didn't catch any and didn't see any caught. We did, however, catch two burbot. We stayed until almost seven, and didn't have a bite after the pike. It seemed fairly slow, at least during the time we were there.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM

Thumbs up gull pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferson View Post
Well, Gull lake finally paid off. We've spent hours and hours and HOURS fishing this lake, as it's fairly close to home, and had limited success. Yesterday, I caught the biggest pike I've ever pulled through the ice- 13 lb., 37 inches long, and 21 inches in girth. It hit a small minnow on a small treble underneath a tip-up, at about 5:00pm. I had about 5 wraps of line left on my tip-up by the time I got to it- he ran fast and hard, and put up a great fight. Sorry for the strange face in one pic; my buddie was trying to work my camera, and I was attempting to "help"
nice pike . thanks for the info and pics . EVERY DAY FISHI'N --THE GOOD LORD GRANTS YOU ANOTHER DAY.