Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
BloodHound70

Default Re: lol

That would be a perfect end to the season. It sure would make up for everything that has happened lately.

Go ABC

BH
Old 04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
BrownBear416

HaHa you Coiler fans kill me....:rolleyes

Pathetic is to kind of word to describe the Coilers Season.:eek

Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 PM
BloodHound70

Holy Brownbear... You sure had to blow the dust off of that one....I think that came out about the same year as your Olympic Games.....Oh wait you cow patties are still holding on to that too:lol :lol

BH
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Baulde

An oilers fan telling a flames fan he is "holding on to something from the past"

..... this thread is amazing.

:rolleyes
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Okotokian

Seems to me the Oil are using the past weeks to evaluate all the farm hands... man, I see the names on the backs of the jersies and go "Who the hell is that?". Whole lines of guys I've never heard of. They better have a darned good read on everyone for next fall. I also think they don't really mind ending up with a really high draft pick. They just have to be careful not to incur the wrath of season ticket holders who may think they are PURPOSELY fielding a team like that while still taking in premium dollars to watch a team with no hope of winning.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
BrownBear416

Default Just for BloodHound.

No dust on these ones i don't think.:lol :lol
Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Re: lol

I just heard that the Hurricanes also will not make the playoffs. They said this is the first time in history that both previous cup contenders never made the playoffs the next year. So the oilers I guess helped set a record:lol
Old 04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
jrs

Default Soilers!!!

Oiler fans would never look back in time and dream......

http://www.fan960.com/audio/mike_richards_audio1.jsp
Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
kanonfodder

Default Re: Soilers!!!

..and what have you guys got to celebrate really look at it objectively..you have one a cup in 89 which is a year earlier than our last one.....the Esks have a grey cup since your last one....so what exactly makes you guys arrogant enough to believe your team or city is even remotely great...hell your barely average. Your not going to make it past round one, if you even make it in...cue the choke...so yuk it up plowboys this team and city is but a small footnote in sporting history
Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 AM
BloodHound70

Default Re: Soilers!!!

Gee what the heck can you add to that
Great post buddy, well said!!

BH
Old 04-05-2007, 08:45 AM
gopherslayer

Default living in the past

Like all Oiler fans ...nice to see that for one, at least Calgary MADE the playoffs after they went to the finals and for two...I can remember at least 3 or 4 Flames fans who cheered for the Oil when Calgary got knocked out last year. I was one. Funny how none of the Oilers fans can do that...but then again...that is just a perfect example of an "Oiler fan"

Old 04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Okotokian

Default Re: living in the past

Oh come on gopher slayer... I was one lifelong Oiler fan who cheered for the flames on their run... It ripped my heart out to do it, but I did it LOL But the following season, all the old animosity happily came back I could probably do it again if the Flames went really deep. Albertan pride I guess.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:03 AM
BloodHound70

Sorry gopherslayer, I think I have stated this before. I have NEVER, nor will I EVER cheer for the flame-outs.:evil I watched the Oilers through the Dynasty, through the lean years, and even now that they are struggling. Through all of it, we hated the Flamers and nothings changed. This whole "Chear for a Alberta Team" is a load of crap. I think if you chear for the Flamers even if the Mighty Oil are out, you are not a true Oil fan and should give your jersey to someone who will honor the Flame hating tradition.

GO ABC!!!!

BH

**As much as it pains me to say. I'd rather see the Leafs win the cup before the goat herders to the south.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
kanonfodder

YUP ABC baby ABC....asking me to cheer for the Lames is like asking a Red Sox fan to cheer for the Yankees...t'aint natural...

an interesting footnote to the Smitty pic in an Isles jersey, he has turned down 2 contract offers by the Isles because he wants to talk to the Oil in the summer......

GO AVS Go OIL
Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 PM
BloodHound70

That would be great if Smitty was back in Oiler silks again. Back where he belongs. I think that would be a smart move as far as selling tickets as well.

BH
Old 04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Mackaylake

I see Kipper has the best record at home this season!!!! He's playing on a middle of the pack team. I guess that must mean he is the worst in the league on the road!!!!!
GO ABC
Old 04-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Okotokian

Quote:
**As much as it pains me to say. I'd rather see the Leafs win the cup before the goat herders to the south.
Give back your Ralph bucks and get the hell out of my province. I'll give ya a roadmap so you can find your beloved Ontario... Are ya voting for Stephane next go-round? LOL
The Leafs? Sheesh >: :lol
Old 04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
BloodHound70

LOL Sorry Oko, I hate the Lamers THAT much!!!!

BH
Old 04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
TBark

Oiler gane want as expected tonight.
Half way through the Sharks Flames game, reffs are true to form, Dion takes a punch and ends up in the box. Beauty.

TBark
Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 AM
perchfisher90

Default lol

hahahahahahahahhahahaha:rollin avs win, shames choke and lose...avs 3 points behind shames GOOOOO AVS!!!!!

as for you shames fans, if you guys dont make the playoffs, you will be hearing it from me for a long long time:rollin
Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 AM
kanonfodder

Woooooooooo my GOD loves me.......Calgary loses Avs win.....oh happy happy joy joy..... yea I know it's doubtful my Oiler can play spoiler BUT....anything is possible....and the Flamers will be grippn their sticks reaaaaallllly tight...lol .... oh the joy it would bring if my OIL could somehow win on Sat and force the Flames to beat the Avs to get in......or not lol.....oh dare to dream dare to dream
Old 04-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Dion

Default Dion

Only saw the hifhlights but..
I saw a scared Dion when he was smacked back after his late hit. Not suprised
Old 04-06-2007, 01:05 AM
perchfisher90

Default lol

hahaha lol, i actually dont mind phaneuf...but the only player i have true respect for on the shames is jamie mclennan, gotta lvoe the guys humor and leadership
Old 04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
TBark

One win in 18. You boys shouldn't even be posting LOL.
But like you say, The Oil may fluke into a win on Saturday.

TBark
Old 04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
kanonfodder

Why shouldn't we be posting? We have the possibility of front row seats to the biggest collapse in NHL history......who wouldn't want to see that......hey Flamers fans THAT would be something to brag about for years just like your one cup and the '88 Olympics.........just think....

Billy Bob: Hey Skeeter remember when we hosted the winter Olympics in '88 and won the Stanley Cup the next year"?

Skeeter: HUHYUP shur do but that ain't nothing remember how the Flames gassed a 12 point lead and missed the playoffs by one point?

Billy Bob: Ya that was a shame, the following season we lose Kipper and Iggy....*sighs*...it was inevitable the Flames moved to Kansas City after everyone jumped off the bandwagon...
Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
trikesnmud

Default end of regular season

not sure what I would like to see more...oil beat flames in the last game of the season(but because of their win, the oil get sixth pick in draft instead of ending up fifth last and getting in the lottery to perhaps get the first pick overall) or oilers win last game of season and flames get knocked out of the playoffs and avalnche get in..
what to wish for, what to wish for
Old 04-06-2007, 04:38 PM
BloodHound70

Default Re: end of regular season

I hear ya trike. It's like hmmmmm should I get the 20oz prime rib or the 20oz T-bone.:lol I think I would have to put my vote for watching the Lamers choke on it!!!!

GO ABC

BH
Old 04-06-2007, 04:57 PM
TBark

Default Re: end of regular season

They'd better not beat the Flames tomorrow. Shouldn't, but the game is played on the ice.
Oil have the least goals for in the league.
But it would set a record.
Oil set the record 4 yrs ago missing the play-offs with 92 pts. Flames could miss it with 96 pts.
Ya, maybe Flames could suck out in the last week of the season.
Oil have been on a steady suck for 2 months.

TBark
Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
BrownBear416

Default Hello.

Why shouldn't we be posting? We have the possibility of front row seats to the biggest collapse in NHL history.....:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin ....I thought we had already witnessed this in the Coilers last 20 games.:rolleyes :rolleyes

You have to take the blinders off boys.

Your post was so crazy that it never even really deserved a reply.....but i could not resist anyways.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Craftyhunter

Default Re: Hello.

Quote:
Your post was so retarded that it never even really deserved a reply
Those "retarded" posts always come from the south.