Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Re:another road win

Kanon, I truley belive that the road to the cup leads directly through Nashville. I dont think we are going to climb up above 8th place. So who ever we play it will not be a easy series.
I was thinking for a time that we could perhaps jump to 7th. But then the wild play the oilers 2 times and thats as good as 4 points, but then we get them once and have a game in hand. Who knows its going to be tight.
You going to cheer on Calgary? Or is it not in you to do?

Jamie
Old 03-31-2007, 01:08 AM
kanonfodder

Default Re: Re:another road win

NOPE ABC baby...anybody but Calgary. I picked San Jose as my darkhorse so I will ride it till it's done. I can't cheer for Calgary ever.....

GO AVS GO OIL
Old 03-31-2007, 02:28 PM
BrownBear416

Default GRRR..

lol Brown what you seem to know about hockey history would barely fill a gnats *****.I almost spit my morning juice all over the Computor.

Kanon...salary cap rebuilding is fine,but did you not see the stats I posted....nobody wants to play for the Coilers.After this year you would be lucky to sign Tom Poti...:eek Who might the Coilers have to trade,Pisani,Torres...:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

We have seen what your talented up encomers have done:rolleyes ...

Who do you have to lead this team,your best leader you have by a long shot is Stoll and he is one concussion away from a wheelchair.:eek

Keep making your predictions,it really highlights your hockey savy when all of them are wrong....8o
Old 03-31-2007, 05:36 PM
TBark

Default Re: GRRR..

Minny could have helped out the Flames today, squatt !
But now they are within sight with 3 straight losses.

TBark
Old 03-31-2007, 11:55 PM
BrownBear416

Default wooooohooooo.

Kanon says.....

VAN--- LOSS (they've OWNED you this year):lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol

6 wins in a row,4 on the road.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Baulde

Default Re: wooooohooooo.

Two more points and the flames are in. They play the oilers next week end so that should be a gimmie. That or they have to win just 1 of the next 4 games.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:39 AM
kanonfodder

Well the hockey gods are displeased with me I guess I mean even the fricken Laffs won..... ah well so be it. If the Flames sneak into the playoffs I doubt they will make it past one round ( you know like your all powerful Stamps ) but we shall see....and once again BB at least I have the nads to put out a prediction....most of you Flamers fans only show when your winning there are exceptions of course....a few misguided souls

GO OIL GO AVS
Old 04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
genek270

Well kan, you can always revel in your love of historical events; you are probably still gloating about the Athenians beating the Spartans! But I'm sure your doilies will rise again when all those juniors that lowe traded (?) for trade in their diapers for jockeys.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
BrownBear416

Kanon...i Dont need to predict anything because i hope my team can win every night...:rolleyes :rolleyes

Most of you Flamers fans only show when your winning there are exceptions of course......

....I think I have been here for a long time through all the wins and losses and have taken my licks as much as the next guy.

Good game today by the Coilers...:rollin :rollin :rollin ...old hemsky doing what he does best....giving the puck away.:eek
Old 04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
kanonfodder

yea Hemmer does cough it up on occasion but everytime he gets the puck it gets you to the edge of your seat.......course your not sure which net it will end up in but.... yup BB unlike some you have been here awhile but watch if you make the playoffs all the Flamers "fans" will come out like roaches in a chinese market....but as with most of your brethern you have to make a post AND mention the Oil at the same time it's like a little insecure compulsion with Calgary no matter HOW good you are or what you accomplish you have to compare to big brother Edmonton and hope for approval......sad really :rolleyes
Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Baulde

Oilers fans must be just as insecure !?!?! Ive found that pro oilers posts seem to mention the Flames all the time as well.... Hmmmm. Instead of saying, yea thats what happens in a rivalry. Its like the oilers cut down Calgary now matter HOW good you are or what you accomplish you have to compare to big brother Calgary and hope for approval....

Your right, that is sad.

:rollin :rolleyes
Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Okotokian

Boys, boys boys... While I RARELY ever pass up an opportunity to criticize the hated flames (I even hate their mascot), it's just sounding like whiney sour grapes now... like a German after VE Day telling an American "Well, you will never beat the Japanese!"

Might as well just let this chain die and ignore hockey until next September, when the mighty Oilers will rise phoenix-like to .... well you get the idea
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
kanonfodder

LOL Baulde theanx for proving my arguement as immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.....I try not to bad mouth the Flames I just don't think they will have the tools to make it through the first round....emptying the tank trying to make the playoffs.....

With the exception of the well informed logical fans ( even though they make baiting posts ) the reason I hate Calgary sportsteams so much are the bandwagon fans.....before your 'miracle run" you could pee in a circle in the 'dome and not hit anyone, now it's the "in" thing to do......
Old 04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
brownbomber

Default bandwagon fans

not sure here guys but don't both teams have a lot of bandwagon fans?? i remember what the oilers rink was like in the rotten years, pretty quiet, lots of empty seats and a lot of apathy. only got to one game at the saddledome in my life and it was during calgary's terrible stretch of seasons. seriously i could hear a conversation a couple of rows back from me, lots of empty seats as well. of course most people will remember it the way they want to and a far stretch from reality, the fans bravely cheering on their struggling heroes. not saying the oilers fans haven't been out in droves through this current bad stretch. the jersey wearing guys won't change, they will love their team through almost anything. the majority of people just wanna watch some good hockey(well better than you get down at the local arenas anyway). it was easy to heckle most teams at one point in their history. it's easy for the oiler fans to point out the oilers history compared to the flames limited sucess in the past. and it's even easier for the flames to point out that the oilers history is just that...history. one day sutter is gonna be working for someone else and the flames fans will be saying he wasn't that good anyway, just like oilers fans with sather. the flames and oilers will rise and fall and repeat the cycle every few years.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:38 PM
BrownBear416

Kanon,there are Bandwagon jumpers in every sport so what is the big deal.The more people cheering and supporting your team the better i say.

I have been a Flames fan my whole life(and i live in Northern Alberta) so needless to say me and my Iginla Jersey did not go over well with the locals.:rolleyes So the more backup i have the better.:eek

Kanon...since i know you are sensitive i am going to try to be a better hockey fan....so i wont tell you how much i hate the Coilers,Mac t,the Fans,Edmonton,etc etc.From this day on if i dont have anything nice to say i will say nothing at all.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:41 PM
BrownBear416

Well i tryed but it is just to hard......:eek :eek

Do you Realize that the Coilers are going to finsih close to dead last this year....:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 04-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Duk Dog

Default Re: Finish 'em off

Heading to the Flames game tomorrow night - sheesh I hope they can put an end to the Avs once and for all!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:07 PM
BrownBear416

Default Go Flames Go.

I predict that they will finish them off.:eek

Congrats Duk i am jealous.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:56 PM
kanonfodder

Default Re: Go Flames Go.

Good post Bomber...I too recall games in Edmonton where they announce 15000 and there is lucky to be 10000....ah the days when I and 5 buddies could sit in a row and scream OTTO you PYLON .....see hated the Flames then and still do. Lots of bandwagonners but you ever notice those that scream the most about their rivals are they least likely to be long term fans...

GO AVS just to make Flames fans nervous
Old 04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
BrownBear416

Default HeHe

Lots of bandwagonners but you ever notice those that scream the most about their rivals are the least likely to be long term fans...

Kanon is this your way of telling us you want to come over to the Flames Family.:lol :lol :lol

WooHoo...what size Jersey do you take,we will get you a Jersey before the big Playoff Charge.:rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
perchfisher90

Default lol

i think he takes an XXXL...I hope so anyway, the more material there is the bigger the fire/explosion will be:rollin
Old 04-02-2007, 05:55 PM
kanonfodder

Default Re: lol

LOL Perch howd didja know? I'm 6'5" 340 so hey I ponied up for my bet but if someone wants to buy the Jersey I will wear it thru their run however long it lasts,,,,,
Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
BloodHound70

Kanon,
You are my best friend, and I feel it is my duty to do this. If I EVER SEE or HEAR of you wearing a Flamer jersey, I will beat you down to a bloody pile of goo.>: >: Living down in Goatville has effected your brain man!!! You sheep herders need not reply saying that he is finally realizing that Calgary is better.....blah blah blah....your just fooling yourselves.

Go ABC

BH
Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM
kanonfodder

Aw c'mon pal think about it.....I would wear it for 1 round MAX...maybe 4 games then we can use it to practice archery...or use it as a punishment on our fishing trip ...whoever gets skunked has to wear it....it's be a .... SHAME Jersey :rollin although I imagine everyone will get something....I mean we're not fishing for Lakers or anything...RIGHT?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 PM
BrownBear416

>: >: Pathetic effort by the Flames..>: >: >:

They did not have enough energy to fill a knats a** as kanon would say.:rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
perchfisher90

Default lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin bwhwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

shes not over yet guys!! :rollin :rollin
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Re: lol

If we don't end it Thursday against the sharks (which I'm sure we will) then I know we definately will saturday night against those awesome oilers!!! Have they even won since smyth left? How many? Yeh that's to bad! I'm predicting 5-0 FLAMES all the way baby!!!!!:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 AM
kanonfodder

Ad so it begins as predicted......:rolleyes
Old 04-04-2007, 06:11 AM
BloodHound70

>: >: Pathetic effort by the Flames>: >: >:
-------------------------------------------
You'd think that you Flamers would be used to it by now after all these years:lol Pathetic and Flames go together like PB and J:lol :lol

Go ABC

BH
Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Okotokian

Oh man, can you imagine if that game against the Oilers still meant something? Hey, I'll play spoiler. I have no hockey pride left :lol LOL