Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-21-2023, 10:06 AM

Default Ice fishing lake bistcho

Looking to do a ice fishing trip up to bistcho lake this year. How you get to the lake you access it from indian cabins or zama?? Does anyone have directions to drive there i know i have to quad or snowmobile in from gas plant? How far quad or snowmobile ride is it from gas plant. Looking for some directions if anyone has them for getting to gas plant. Be going for few days
Old 11-21-2023, 08:15 PM

To get there you go north of Zama and depending on whether the winter road is put in you could have a short ride in or a very long ride in. I don't remember the exact directions off the top of my head to be able to give you, but they usually had signs out on the corners you'd have to turn get there. Since there isn't really any oil field activity up there anymore it will likely be the only plowed road going north of town if they put the winter road in.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:10 PM

It is a long way from Zama to Bistcho. If you sled in, make sure you are well prepared.

Cheers
Steve
Old 11-23-2023, 05:14 PM

I drove my 1 ton service truck down the winter road to the gas plant then it was like a 20 min drive in my truck to the cabins by river on the west side of the lake . Winter road to the gas plant was really good because they had a lot of drilling rigs back there in the winter so they kept the roads cleared all the way to plant i thing i was in 2 wheel drive all the way . It was a long way in from Zama . Not sure what its like now in winter

Last edited by -JR-; 11-23-2023 at 05:29 PM.