Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-03-2021, 07:45 PM

Default Forestry - 402-road conditions

Anyone driven the trunk road in 402 since the recent snowfall? Was thinking of heading out there this weekend but not sure if ill be able to get the trailer in or not
Old 11-04-2021, 08:37 AM

I was out there early last week and it had snowed and melted, the week before it rained a bunch. They are logging out of there around mile marker 53 or so, so I guess it depends on your definition of a bad road and what you are driving on that road. The logging people made sure all the cattleguards are smooth.

It wasn't that bad in my opinion, but it was pretty snotty and that type of clay slick paired with the washboard could cause a bit of butt puckering in the corners. I had no trouble in my Duramax, but I have a roof top tent. I have hauled cattle out of much worse. That was early last week though, if you take your time it would probably be alright, depending on your setup.

The worst part about that road, depending on where you are on it, is the logging guys in their pickups... Apparently their pickups are capable of safely going much faster than mine, especially in the places where its sketchy to pass... or they just do not care about their trucks lol
Old 11-04-2021, 01:52 PM

Perfect, thanks for the update