Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 01-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Default Awesome Customer Service from Korkers

Just want to let all of you know that I had the best experience with their customer service department. I purchased my redside boots a little over 2 years ago from Fish Tales. Now I had an issue right upfront with one of the soles that fish tales swapped out right away. So no issues untill the little tab pulled out of the back of the boot that holds the soles in place about a year later. I have continued to glue them back in when they pop out. I sent Korkers a PM on facebook asking if they have redesigned the tab. If not I would be passing on buying a new pair for some other boot. Their c/s member suggested I take a couple pictures and email them in. Low and behold they send me a brand spanking new pair as the manufacturer had a defect on that production run. This is the second pair of Korkers and wont be my last. Cheers Korkers
Old 01-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Good thing they have good customer service. From all reports they have a product that more than regularly requires it.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM

I had the same issue with Korkers metal heads, and they wouldn't replace them for the exact same reason. Poor design imo.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhflyfisher View Post
I had the same issue with Korkers metal heads, and they wouldn't replace them for the exact same reason. Poor design imo.
Me to, called Korkers when one of my soles (not the removable) let go on my Metalheads after under 2 years of use. Was told to glue them back on which I did, a month later the other sole also let go very little glue holding either sole as you see. Guess I should post on their Facebook page too. In the market for new boots but looking at other brands.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 01-06-2017, 11:40 AM

I haven't had issues with my boots yet but if you are looking for a good glue I would recommend the Gorilla glue. It actually requires some water moisture to help with the cure and it expands when dries, but all my shoes that I have glued back the soles this has never come apart again. just noticed the photo above that glue would work great on that issue.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:09 PM

You would think a wading boot would last more than 2 years.

Fishing Regulations
Old 01-07-2017, 07:56 PM

Lornce thought I saw that picture before. Try and private message them on facebook or send the pictures along with a picture of the little tag on the inside of the tongue. Email them directly as well. See what they can do. Like I said I didnt ask them they offered to look into it for me
Old 01-07-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhflyfisher View Post
Its to bad their first gen. was the best. They should have stayed with the velcro strap that wrapped around a metal d ring on the boot. The rubber strap is the first thing to wear out.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycoma View Post
Lornce thought I saw that picture before. Try and private message them on facebook or send the pictures along with a picture of the little tag on the inside of the tongue. Email them directly as well. See what they can do. Like I said I didnt ask them they offered to look into it for me
Ok, I'll try again, when I emailed customer service they only wanted me to fix em myself.

Fishing Regulations
Old 01-09-2017, 01:07 AM

Customer service is the cornorstone, IMO