Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 PM

Default el sparko is sad...

poor me, i'm having trouble with my shoulder and i haven't been able to hunt since sept. luclilly i managed to pop a nice 5 point elk in the calling season or i'd be stuck eating red beans and rice all winter.
it sure is hard reading about all of you out there reaking havok, the fine photos just make it harder. one more day, that's all i ask. all i wanted to convey to you all is thank your lucky stars that you are able to get out and enjoy this fine sport. i have been at it from about age 12 and 39 seasons later i find myself laid up for the first time.
thank goodness i can live vicariously through you guys.
thank you all.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 PM

what is wrong with your shoulder?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Doc Holiday

Hope ya heal up soon there sparky, sucks to be down and out in season. And yer not kidding about all the fantastic photos.... what a place to live!!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 AM

hi clash, i am in the midst of being diagnosed, i had a mri on my shoulder and it shows moderate to severe artheritis in 2 spots. but the pain is being generated down my whole arm; it is pretty intense. i take some rather stiff painkillers and i believe this would class me as impared as i get a little out of it when they kick in. thanks for the concern!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 AM

I hear ya... some serious personal issues this hear have kept me out of the field as well. The only animals I've connected on were some grouse...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Sure here you on the Arthur guy. I've been fighting the same problem for over a year. Golf is out. Bow is sold. 300 Mag stays home and 270 is going instead. I see no light at the end of the tunnel and cannot take anti-inflammatory pills because of allergies. I'm sort of like Ken in minor way. Keep fighting. Hope you get something that works for next year and the pain subsides.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Well I hope for all of you a speedy and full recovery. I was in the same boat about 7 years ago, I kept going for test after test after test. They never did find out what was wrong with me. But I did recover. Shoot a rifle? I could barely walk. Good luck you guys. I was laid up for 6 months.