Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM

Exclamation truth or lie?

IT is our busy time and here I am I made a mistake. here in our shop we don't mix meat so your meat is made to your order but I... mixed his meat into flavours he didn't order.. he wanted pepperoni and garlic sausage. I mixed jalepeno and cheese and cheese smokies instead. I already know what I am going to do but if you were that guy how would you want me to handle it??
Old 11-25-2007, 12:04 PM

i'd tell the truth maby the guy would like to try something new if not your ready for the next guy that orders that product
Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 PM

Truth is the best policy.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Truth and no charge ?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:17 PM
stubblejumper

Quote:
Truth is the best policy.
It was your mistake,so I would ask the person whose meat it was and see how he wants to deal with the situation.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Nationwide

Default Yap

Yes i have to agree tell the truth straight up on lies .

Quote:
if you were that guy how would you want me to handle it??
If i was him i would want you to give me what i ordered i know it wouldnt be with my meat but (pound for pound reg meat would work ).Cant do cheese Good luck. my two cent
Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 PM

I took a Deer in to have Sausage, Jerky etc. etc. made. When I went to pick it up, he had made the ENTIRE Deer in to Hot Pepperoni

I understand that people make mistakes, this one seemed like a big one to me.

He knew right away that I was upset, he apologized several times. I cooled down, and walked away with all the Pepperoni......at no charge!

If your not willing to do that, I am quite sure you could sell it ah. 'er I mean gift it easy enough.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:29 PM

I would tell the hunter the truth and ask him what you could do to make it right(within reason). I'm sure that you can come to some agreement. I don't know anyone who hasn't made mistakes. I can just imagine how crazy it must get for you this time of year.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:42 PM

Default If your a honest business...

Why would you even ask such a question? Honesty is always the best policy even if it hurts.

I'm sure if you're up front with the customer, he will understand and the two of you can work something out.

Look at it this way.....if you do it once, you'll do it again, 'nough said.'
Old 11-25-2007, 01:23 PM

Sorry doesn't feed my kids If You switch the guys meat, you'll still have to pawn his off on someone else. In the end you could have be really screwed, if you can't match a customer to your spoiled batch.
Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 11-25-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
stubblejumper

Quote:
If You switch the guys meat, you'll still have to pawn his off on someone else.
Going by his initial post,I doubt that he would try to pawn anyones meat off on someone else.

Quote:
here in our shop we don't mix meat so your meat is made to your order
Old 11-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Sent you a PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:28 PM

If I were your customer I would appreciate the truth. Things happen, and I would rather know that I am getting the deer back that I brought in.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Straight up truth and make a deal. Its better to save the future business right?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:47 PM

so what did you end up doing??
Old 11-25-2007, 03:54 PM
sheephunter

Boy, I have to admit that I'd be hesitant to deal with any business where the owner had to ask if he should tell the truth or lie. Not sure posting this here was the best idea. Tell the guy the truth and eat the costs. You screwed up so you need to make it good...at least that's the way I've done business for the past 27 years. Might cost you some money but I learned long ago that honesty and making good for your mistakes will ensure a long life in business. Still scares me you had to ask...especially on a public forum.

I hope this is someone playing a cruel joke.......
Old 11-25-2007, 04:09 PM

i don't think the OP was suggesting he wouldn't tell the truth...i think he was really asking if wewould expect him to either replace the meat at no cost or if we would be happy to take the mistaken order..again at no cost.

but maybe i was wrong in what i thought?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
sheephunter

Seeing as the title of the post was truth or lie....I respectfully disagree with you!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM

that is an excellent point hahaha
Old 11-25-2007, 05:50 PM

Well, why don't you verify your point?
Or maybe you said enough and should forget you ever started this thread..

I wouldn't mind knowing the name of your business, just so I could stay away or never recommend it to anyone.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Even though the title of the thread says truth or lie nowhere in his opening post did he indicate that he was planning to lie. Instead he asked how we as hunters would like it to be handled. Its nice to see that instead of giving him our advice we tell him we would ban his store and ask why he would even ask something like this in the first place. I'm sure he feels great after reading that. Those that have been on this site awhile should know better. I'm sure the next time he needs advice he won't come here.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Boy, I have to admit that I'd be hesitant to deal with any business where the owner had to ask if he should tell the truth or lie. Not sure posting this here was the best idea. Tell the guy the truth and eat the costs. You screwed up so you need to make it good...at least that's the way I've done business for the past 27 years. Might cost you some money but I learned long ago that honesty and making good for your mistakes will ensure a long life in business. Still scares me you had to ask...especially on a public forum.

I hope this is someone playing a cruel joke.......
........................x2 I PM'd him for his address a couple days ago. He PM'd me his address this morning. I cannot even consider his services now. A good and honest business would only consider doing one thing to fix this and not even consider the other. Posting this on a site sponsored by a very popular Alberta outdoors magazine is business suicide as well.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:05 PM
sheephunter

I just answered based on the information he supplied.....if his intent was to indeed ask advice on something other than lieing or telling the truth...the post could have been much better titled....and that is the truth....
Old 11-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Nationwide

Quote:
I'm sure he feels great after reading that. Those that have been on this site awhile should know better. I'm sure the next time he needs advice he won't come here.
Good for you Hunter1 some people on here are truely rideing there white horse's some time's they need to get knocked off once and a while back down to earth level.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I just answered based on the information he supplied.....if his intent was to indeed ask advice on something other than lieing or telling the truth...the post could have been much better titled....and that is the truth....
i agree his title was bad...but from his post i still get the idea he is asking for advice on how we as consumers would like to have it dealt with. and not that he is trying to lie his way out of it.

edited cause i rethought my remark and it was uncalled for....
Old 11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Even though the title of the thread says truth or lie nowhere in his opening post did he indicate that he was planning to lie. Instead he asked how we as hunters would like it to be handled. Its nice to see that instead of giving him our advice we tell him we would ban his store and ask why he would even ask something like this in the first place. I'm sure he feels great after reading that. Those that have been on this site awhile should know better. I'm sure the next time he needs advice he won't come here.
..............R u serious??? Its common sense how this should be fixed. If said business man is so stunned he needs "direction" on how this should be fixed, time to board up the business and call it a day. Walmart is always looking for people with a heartbeat.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:10 PM
sheephunter

I certainly wasn't accusing him of lieing but for someone to ask what is better...telling the truth or lieing...I mean come on.....I think the answer is pretty obvious. I agree, the post could have been much better titled but even so, I don't see an issue here.....you screwed up (as we all do) fess up and make it better even if it costs you money. Pretty simple credo of business I think.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:11 PM
stubblejumper

I guess that I am interpreting this post much different than some other people.If you read his original post,he is not asking what to do.He plainly stated that he already knows what he is going to do.He is just asking what you as the customer would want done in this situation.If he really was dishonest,he would simply swap someone else's meat out,and the customer would never know the difference.I actually find him to be more honest than a lot of places where they mix everyones meat and you may not get your own meat at all.
I think that the only thing the poster could have done differently,is to choose a better title for the thread.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

He does state in his post that he knows what he is going to do. I will give him the benfit of the doubt.

.....................why the hell would you post this on here though???
Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win94 View Post
..............R u serious??? Its common sense how this should be fixed. If said business man is so stunned he needs "direction" on how this should be fixed, time to board up the business and call it a day. Walmart is always looking for people with a heartbeat.
i do not disagree that it is common sense on how it should be dealt with...but i do think the common sense solution has a few different options..which i explained in my earlier post.