Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Banned

Default Sitka camo

I'm looking into new camo because my badlands camo now is the nosiest camo ever and zippers are terrible wondering if anyone has anything good to say about Sitka or predator camo
Old 10-24-2016, 05:56 PM

Sitka is great....very quiet very well designed inly two complaints is that the zippers have this strings that i have lost one and its a pain oprning pockets without it...and sitka is $$$
Old 10-25-2016, 07:11 AM

Sitka is probably the best investment towards hunting that you can make if you can afford it. If you can't, don't sweat it. I've had my suit for 5 years and no issues. A friend of mine has a suit that is probably 10 years old and still no issues. I didn't get the insulated ones because that way I can wear it all 4 seasons by adjusting my own base layers underneath. There are so many pockets on them that I no longer carry a back pack. The stores here in Canada only carry a limited selection from what I've seen, so it might be worth a trip to the states to get the right one - or maybe check their website to find the best camo pattern. I also recommend getting pants that have the bib and suspenders...keeps the wind out much better.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH View Post
Sitka is probably the best investment towards hunting that you can make if you can afford it. If you can't, don't sweat it. I've had my suit for 5 years and no issues. A friend of mine has a suit that is probably 10 years old and still no issues. I didn't get the insulated ones because that way I can wear it all 4 seasons by adjusting my own base layers underneath. There are so many pockets on them that I no longer carry a back pack. The stores here in Canada only carry a limited selection from what I've seen, so it might be worth a trip to the states to get the right one - or maybe check their website to find the best camo pattern. I also recommend getting pants that have the bib and suspenders...keeps the wind out much better.
Couldn't have said it better. It's worth every penny.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:02 PM

I have both right now. Can't go wrong with either brand. I love my Sitka jacket; but wouldn't give up my Predator High Plains pants for a pair of Sitka pants either. Honestly for the price and the fact that I order my Predator stuff from here in Alberta, I'm gonna be going with Predator over Sitka from this point on.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:27 PM

Theres lots of different options out there. Fleece twill polyester nylon spandex mix. Same fabrics with different names. Some are $100 some are $800. Id be more focused on the fit and testing of the rubbing noise instead of making sure you find that special brand everyone is talking about. You decide how much that little name brand symbol means to you. Last thing Ill say is try to avoid cotton if you are gonna wear it when it is for cooler weather, as cotton holds onto any moisture and it sucks the heat right out of you.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:25 PM

You get what you pay for. I have several different combinations from Sitka. Just keep in mind they have a lot of items specifically tailored for its own purpose. You won't necessarily purchase one pant and one jacket and be good to go from August 25th-December 15th.

I started buying it piece by piece starting from what I would use the most to what I would like, I know have an entire closet full.

You don't realize what you were missing out on until you buy Sitka.