Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-20-2016, 12:50 PM

Default Field layout blind

Really getting into migrate bird hunting business..... Lots of fun! So, thanking buy one field layout blind. Mobile is my number 1 concern, then the easy set up and then the quality and such...

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:55 PM

We run Avery power hunters, final approach pack n go, and beaver tail big gunners. Really like the power hunters, they have the least amount of profile, the FA's are pretty comfy as are the beaver tails. We prefer the Avery though.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:37 PM

We run Final Approach Guide XL's, love 'em.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angery jonn View Post
We run Final Approach Guide XL's, love 'em.
Yes. A nice blind but the last choice as they requested mobile blind suggestions. Power hunter by avery would he my suggestion. If you want some more room, you could go with the avery finisher.

Cost wise cabelas blinds and wait for them to go on sale.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
Yes. A nice blind but the last choice as they requested mobile blind suggestions. Power hunter by avery would he my suggestion. If you want some more room, you could go with the avery finisher.

X2. Don't forget that a blind is simply a fancy folding lawn chair. They last about the same amount of time and don't fare well with rough handling.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post

Very true, missed that part.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Banned

Not sure if cabelas still has the sale but they had the Mobile 1 layout which is the highest rating I have seen for any blind and it's $149
Old 10-20-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
We run Avery power hunters, final approach pack n go, and beaver tail big gunners. Really like the power hunters, they have the least amount of profile, the FA's are pretty comfy as are the beaver tails. We prefer the Avery though.
Power hunters for me as well. I like to see what's going on behind me to much to use anything else I found out this fall lol.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Not sure if cabelas still has the sale but they had the Mobile 1 layout which is the highest rating I have seen for any blind and it's $149
I have one and I not a fan.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:34 AM

Light and mobile, a Power Hunter is a good choice, there are other similar versions of it around. I prefer the Ground Force to the Power Hunter though. Won't get whacked in the back of the bean with the top in high winds with the coffin blinds.
My pet peeve is any blind that requires pins to assemble it, as in most of the blinds out there.The Avery's and the Cabelas Mobile 1 and a few others, do not need to have pins installed. I have an FA that I will not take apart, ever again.
Material was tight on it, two of us struggled with it a couple of times. If you are sucked into liking one that uses pins, assemble it in the store before taking it.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:49 AM

If you want mobile, try this: Cabels had them on sale for $99 earlier this week but it appears the price has gone back up to $149. Maybe you can persuade them to let it go for $99 again. Still cheap for blind and this one folds up into a backpack. I was considering picking one up for duck hunting and moving a lot. I have a Final Approach Guide XL and like the other fellow who mentioned it, it's great, especially for a larger/taller guy, but it's heavy.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/77077/...ind?CatId=2383
Old 10-21-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
If you want mobile, try this: Cabels had them on sale for $99 earlier this week but it appears the price has gone back up to $149. Maybe you can persuade them to let it go for $99 again. Still cheap for blind and this one folds up into a backpack. I was considering picking one up for duck hunting and moving a lot. I have a Final Approach Guide XL and like the other fellow who mentioned it, it's great, especially for a larger/taller guy, but it's heavy.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/77077/...ind?CatId=2383
Thank you very much. I will take a good look
Old 10-21-2016, 12:45 PM

Bought a delta waterfowl zero
Gravity lay out ....no shadows and pop out like your on a trampoline and for my fat azz it's amazing

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 10-24-2016, 07:38 PM

I'm partial to the Avery Finishers for stubble with their camo KW-1 pattern.The Powerhunters are very light weight & easy for a carry in hunt tho for sure...
I have a couple Hardcore man cave models which are very roomy but they're a bit darker which work better in Pea or cultivated fields than stubble...
Old 10-24-2016, 08:38 PM

Be careful with the blinds that have plastic hinge points.I have a few red head , and a final aproach blinds and they all don't stand up to the cold.haven't found one yet that can last a season without some kind of hinge repair.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:39 PM

I had to make some steel inserts for every one of my blinds
Old 10-24-2016, 10:42 PM

They all still look like a lump in the feild an not a camo patter made come close to what crops grow in this province.kaki color plus mudded is your best bet.camo patterns are way to dark.