Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2013, 12:52 PM

Default 94 f-150 tranny issues?

May not be the best place to quarry this question, but hey maybe someone else has had this same issue.

I have a 94 f-150 with a 351 Cleavland, 4x4 with i believe to be the EOD4 transmission.

The other night i was going through a field with some fairly deep snow, in 4x4 going around 20-25, went over a small bump and i heard a crash, i stopped the truck and put it in park thinking i did something to the drive shaft. I looked back through my path and saw no oil, broken parks so on so forth.

I tried to put it into gear, and nothing. You could feel it shift into gear (those old fords had a bit of a clunk when put into gear). But when i tried to go, absolutely nothing. Reverse works fine, no skips or anything, But drive, 2nd and 1st, nothing at all. You can feel it clunk into 1st, and that's about it. After we towed it home and i could look at it in the day light i checked the shift assembly and nothing appeared to be broken, bent or missing. I checked the tranny fluid, didn't seem to be burnt or have any shards in it, and plenty of fluid in it! Not sure if it's completely cooked or if the bands for the drive gears and slipped.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
-CIL bolt action .308
-Savage model 69E Canadian Sportsmans Edition 12GA Pump.

-Devon

Last edited by Country_boy17; 11-21-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: missing content to post.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:50 PM

Try posing your question on this free site. the F150 forums

http://www.f150forum.com/esp_search....ssion&type=gcs
Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 AM

If your oil is fairly clean and unburned I would assume that your clutches have not failed. If it runs in reverse it means your pumps and torque converter are OK. I would assume that your forward clutch basket or planetary has split.