Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 PM

Well said Happy. During the game, don't they usually have shots of our troops overseas somewhere watching the game, or is that the SuperBowl? BEL
Old 11-21-2013, 06:49 PM

Cabbage rolls.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 AM

I'll stir the pot, I will be watching the NFL instead. Grey Cup or not its still bush league made up of players that couldn't make or got cut from NFL teams.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I'll stir the pot, I will be watching the NFL instead. Grey Cup or not its still bush league made up of players that couldn't make or got cut from NFL teams.
Different game Different rules requires different types of players.
Kinda like comparing a Jockey to a linebacker.

Nfl is a boring game. Kinda like watching grass grow. Give me the cfl any day.

Jamie
Old 11-22-2013, 11:10 AM

Lightly battered tempura baby perch fillets on a bed of fresh pea shoots with a side of sweet wasabe dipping sauce. Cold beer from a keg. Smoke salmon with thin slices of Gouda cheese and a plate of italian sliced meats, olives and hummus with flat bread.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 AM

[/QUOTE]

Jamie[/QUOTE]

X2

Go Riders!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Different game Different rules requires different types of players.
Kinda like comparing a Jockey to a linebacker.

Jamie
x2 the nfl is like watching paint dry..
Old 11-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
didn't make the team?
Plays for Calgary.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:42 AM

The game isn't that much different and as to watching paint dry, you see a lot less offence with only 3 downs, more punts etc. Teams with losing records making the playoffs. The talent level in the CFL is not even close. Don't kid yourself, the majority of players in the CFL are American and not playing in the CFL by choice, because they couldn't make it in the NFL. Again, bush league. I admire your dedication though.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Banned

Thank you Happy,just saved me a lot of typing.Well said.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba 96 View Post
Going over saturday to fishinab,s he's making the biggest pot of gumbo for sun, will probably have a few wobblies as well...
Wobblies first or after the "bowl of Gumbo"?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
The game isn't that much different and as to watching paint dry, you see a lot less offence with only 3 downs, more punts etc. Teams with losing records making the playoffs. The talent level in the CFL is not even close. Don't kid yourself, the majority of players in the CFL are American and not playing in the CFL by choice, because they couldn't make it in the NFL. Again, bush league. I admire your dedication though.
And yet! Here you be
Old 11-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Cupcakes with sprinkles..............lots and lots of sprinkles! Green tea for beverages.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
You don't have a clue. Its all about advertising dollars and population density. If we had the population we would have the same wages. If we had the same wages players would prefer the CFL. Ask lots of players who played SUCCESFULLY in both leagues and ask them what league they preferred. Ask Doug Flutie and Warren Moon which game is better. Enjoy your 60 minutes of falling forward 2 yards.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Banned

First Greycup game.....Dec.4 1909
First Superbowl..........Jan.15 1967

We win,got them by 58 years.
And a Canadian football coach invented Basketball.You are welcome America.

I love the CFL and `specially when it`s played outside at - 20 and even moreso when Saskie is in it.GO RIDERS!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba 96 View Post
x2 the nfl is like watching paint dry..
What's it tell ya when a guy named "Bubba" picks to watch the CFL over NFL?
Just asking? Lol

"Quote 58thecat" Wobblies first or after the "bowl of Gumbo"?

Saturday during the creation of the Gumbo watching the Vanier Cup and cheering on the "Dinos" and some more during consumption of said Gumbo..
Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM

Saturday during the creation of the Gumbo watching the Vanier Cup and cheering on the "Dinos" and some more during consumption of said Gumbo..[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

Atta boy Big guy.....(and whats it been 10ys since you watched nfl)...lol
Old 11-22-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
You don't have a clue. Its all about advertising dollars and population density. If we had the population we would have the same wages. If we had the same wages players would prefer the CFL. Ask lots of players who played SUCCESFULLY in both leagues and ask them what league they preferred. Ask Doug Flutie and Warren Moon which game is better. Enjoy your 60 minutes of falling forward 2 yards.
I don't do I, you have no idea who I am, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I don't why so many guys get their panties in a knot when people say the NFL is better. I have been to both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl and there is no comparison and have been around football all my life but I don't have a clue. Flutie and Moon... they were a lot more successful in the CFL because again of the second rate players they were playing against. Again I guess the truth hurts.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Banned

Well for all you CFL haters,you could always watch something else.
Try not to wreck it for us.
Watch Sleepless in Seatle,I think it`s about the night before a big Seahawks game.Players POV.

It`s all FUN GUYS!!!Go with it!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

Back to topic,I`m serving homemade smoked elk Chorizo and cheese mini sausages,3 kinds of wings,deer chile and cheese nachos,elk jerky,goose jerky,coleslaw and home made loaded pizza.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I don't do I, you have no idea who I am, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.
I don't need to meet you to see how mentally stunted you are. As for Doug Flutie the truth doesn't hurt. He was the biggest thing since sliced bread when he went to the NFL and even admits the CFL is a better game. I will take his word for it. How many CFL and NFL games have you played? None. Your word is about as relevant to me and football fans as a fart in the wind. Now you can talk about the truth hurting you. Oh, by the way, How is Ricky Williams doing? I recall the CFL chewing him up and spitting him out; not bad for a bunch of "bad news bears".
Old 11-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Banned

You should have a waiting list,for your guest list.Sounds great.Fisherpeak!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I don't need to meet you to see how mentally stunted you are. As for Doug Flutie the truth doesn't hurt. He was the biggest thing since sliced bread when he went to the NFL and even admits the CFL is a better game. I will take his word for it. How many CFL and NFL games have you played? None. Your word is about as relevant to me and football fans as a fart in the wind. Now you can talk about the truth hurting you. Oh, by the way, How is Ricky Williams doing? I recall the CFL chewing him up and spitting him out; not bad for a bunch of "bad news bears".
I have played as many games as you have. You are missing my point. I am not disputing the difference in the games, I am saying the talent level is much higher in the NFL. As with you, your word means squat to me. Ricky Williams had issues and couldn't cut it in the NFL either, thats why he went to the CFL.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I like that in the NFL, there's only 58 minutes in a game instead of 60. Nothing more exciting than watching the QB take a knee for two minutes to end a game!

Quote:
I don't do I, you have no idea who I am, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. I don't why so many guys get their panties in a knot when people say the NFL is better. I have been to both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl and there is no comparison and have been around football all my life but I don't have a clue. Flutie and Moon... they were a lot more successful in the CFL because again of the second rate players they were playing against. Again I guess the truth hurts.
Isn't Moon one of the most prolific passers in NFL history? (Brees just passed him last night to move into 5th behind Elway, Marino, Manning and Favre)

-------

I enjoy watching both leagues. I certainly don't see the CFL as bush league at all, but you're right, better talent in NFL. More programs, more focus. Kinda like hockey players from Canada are better than American, in spite of the overwhelming population difference.

But, the CFL is without a doubt more exciting to watch!

GO RIDERS!!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
you see a lot less offence with only 3 downs,
Not sure about that. Scores don't seem higher in NFL games, QB's often throw for less than 300 yards, and it's not like backs are regularly having 150 yard games. I think extra player and bigger field make for more offence.

Quote:
Teams with losing records making the playoffs.
Yeah, there's that. I saw Saskatchewan and Hamilton celebrating their "divisional championships" and thought "You're only better than 3 other teams". You have to be truly awful to not make the playoffs, and only 2 teams miss them. League is so small that it's lost it's interest for me.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 PM

I always order myself a Boston Royal for the game.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger15 View Post
I always order myself a Boston Royal for the game.
Derail repaired!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:34 PM

Love both the NFL and CFL, rather watch the CFL. Brandon browner, said the CFL, is literately half a step behind the NFL (NFL probowler). Many Coaches have said you take the top players from the CFL you could make 2 team that would compete for a playoff spot every year in the NFL. I love the big plays and passing, not big on Running backs ripping off 4 yards at a time to a TD. CFL is solid football, and they are not hacks.

Also 2 seasons ago a team with a losing record the seahawks went to the playoffs, not much different than the CFL.

Last edited by nick0danger; 11-22-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Seahawks,