Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Banned

Default Justin Trudeau on mandatory minimum sentences for sexual crimes against children...

Reporter: "Would you rule out repealing mandatory minimums for sexual crimes against children?"

Justin Trudeau: "No I wouldn't rule it out for anyone...."

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/arch...y-pony-59.html
Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned

Default YES - cause we all know there is (2) levels of LAW in the country ....

Justin's families kiddies will be safe - ours not so much !

TBD

PS .... touch one of the trudeau kids or any other high ranking liberals (you're going away for the MAX folks)

PPS .... touch ours .... wait a second it costs too much to incarcerate everybody ! WE DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THE United States !!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:03 PM

I don't support mandatory minimum prison time for these people either. I prefer the Chinese approach, a bullet in the back of the head and the bill sent to the family. I wonder if Turdhole admires that part of Chinese Governance?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

And did you hear the occupations of who was charged the most?

It was not father fondle or brother I love u.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

That's true, because we know few of the latter were ever charged. Just transferred. If I had to guess occupations charged the most, probably teachers.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:34 PM

minimum sentences wont matter if its my kid , they wouldn't be serving it on this side of the dirt. some things aren't forgivable and laws become irrelivent .
Old 11-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]
Quote:
QUOTE=Okotokian;2204731](That's true, because we know few of the latter were ever charged. Just transferred. If I had to guess occupations charged the most, probably teachers.)

Your buddy Beeguy wanted me to list some substantive evidence a couple of weeks ago.

Here you go Beeguy. You can list the names. I will not.

And yes, Oko is right. Good boy Oko.

Last edited by greylynx; 11-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Default This is hilarious ....

don't think any LIBERALS are gonna show up, good night !
Old 11-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Just to get this straight,

Religious conservatives are supported by their ilk and run free from justice in their role as child abusers.

Meanwhile, the liberal school system has the highest rate of conviction for those that abuse children.

Now, which of these is the real issue?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

The cons know where their bread is buttered.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
A: How you manage to continually confuse yourself.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Banned

Maniditory minmums don't work.
They are just fluff for the foolish and a great way to support the industrial prison complex.
Tough on crime is actually just bent on revenge.

Politicians feed us these cheap quick "fixes" rather than actually manning up and doing something more effective to prevent crime in the first place.

But...don't let reasearch and years of accumulated experience and study get in the way of how you feel about it.

At some point we need to ask ourselves what is most important.... revenge? or punishmnet and correction.
What is our goal... a pound of flesh or prevention?

I don't know how we can be called the religious right sometimes... it is surely a misnomer.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
They are just fluff for the foolish and a great way to support the industrial prison complex.

Politicians feed us these cheap quick "fixes" rather than actually manning up and doing something more effective to prevent crime in the first place.

But...don't let reasearch and years of accumulated experience and study get in the way of how you feel about it.

At some point we need to ask ourselves what is most important.... revenge? or punishmnet and correction.

I don't know how we can be called the religious right sometimes... it is surely a misnomer.
Nothing wrong with revenge when it comes to perverts diddling little kids.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Default ... and along comes bee

Quote:
Just to get this straight,

now that's a stretch ....

Religious conservatives ........ run free from justice in their role as child abusers.
probably just as many religious liberals ....

... you're an atheist RIGHT ?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Some of us aren't willing to pervert our legal system any further, just for a little revenge.

Revenge is something you can take into your own hands. You don't need to corrupt our legal system to accomplish it.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
probably just as many religious liberals ....

What do you have against religion - you're an atheist RIGHT ?
I have the fact that the church has aided and protected child abusers for decades against them.

Please don't tell me that you support that action.

Hang the lot.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Some of us aren't willing to pervert our legal system any further, just for a little revenge.

Revenge is something you can take into your own hands. You don't need to corrupt our legal system to accomplish it.
Our legal system can't get much more corrupt.

Well maybe when the libs get back in.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Our legal system can't get much more corrupt.

Well maybe when the libs get back in.
I guess that is the null argument for everything isn't it?

How's that worked out for all you guys so far?

Not so well given the daily moaning.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree but then your statement is an honest one...revenge.

A victims kin are not interested in redemption or correction... and nobody can blame em.

However, society on the whole should be aiming a bit higher and looking towards correction with punishment and primarily...prevention to avoid folks being placed in that position.

Minimum sentences do not work...its been proven over and over again.
In fact...they tend to have the opposite effect to that which is desired.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Banned

Default NO - you're 20/30 yrs out of date ....

Quote:
Religious conservatives are supported by their ilk and run free from justice in their role as child abusers.
This statement was more prevalent in the past, but no where near as common today with child abuse in education / sports.

So - the two statements your basing your argument on apply to two different periods in time ...

NICE TRY THOUGH ....

Last edited by TBD; 11-20-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Banned

I find it absolutely amazing that self-professed conservatives would support mandatory minimums at anytime.

Mandatory minimums do 1 thing.

That is raise taxes.

Ask California how it worked out for them.

You cons must love state bankrupcy or have no idea what is going on in the world.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
This statement was more prevalent in the past, but no where near as common today with child abuse in education / sports.

So - the two statements your basing your argument on apply to a two different periods in time ...

NICE TRY THOUGH ....
Are you daft?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post

With all due respect...what a ridiculous statement. Time and time again it has been shown that these diddlers are serial re-offenders. They can't re-offend if they are in jail. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp or why there is such an interest in "attempting" to rehab these guys. We aren't risking someone's car stereo going missing when we release these guys. They ruin lives of the most innocent among us. The very children we as a society should be doing everything in our power to protect, and we are letting these monsters roam free.

If this was about revenge I'd say lock em up in the town square in a stockade and let the public do with them as they please. It isn't about revenge. It's about stopping them from molesting children.

My plan for prevention is to keep them locked up and away from kids. My plan has been shown to be 100% effective. Not a single child has EVER been molested by a pervert while he was in jail.

What is your plan? This?:http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...-offended.html

I wonder how easy it would be for you guys to tell a kid that was molested that keeping a molester in jail wouldn't have worked, or it would have cost taxpayers too much money.

Last edited by rugatika; 11-20-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Banned

Default More accurately showing how MUCH FURTHER you're off base ....

your original statement should have been stated as:

Quote:

Religious conservative/liberals are supported by their ilk and run free from justice in their role as child abusers.

Meanwhile, the liberal school system has the highest rate of conviction for those that abuse children.

OR are you trying to say no liberals ever committed child abuse acts within our religious community ?

THAT's NOT the case so it would appear that you're arguing with yourself !

Good God !

Last edited by TBD; 11-20-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:08 PM

Mandatory minimums aren't going to do anything for sexual predators of children. These are obviously very mentally de-ranged people. It will however costs us taxpayers a lot more money.

Whats the fascination with "Sun News"? Every link I've seen posted to them is so bias and blatantly manipulative its hard to watch.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
With all due respect...what a ridiculous statement. Time and time again it has been shown that these diddlers are serial re-offenders. They can't re-offend if they are in jail. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp or why there is such an interest in "attempting" to rehab these guys. We aren't risking someone's car stereo going missing when we release these guys. They ruin lives of the most innocent among us. The very children we as a society should be doing everything in our power to protect, and we are letting these monsters roam free.

If this was about revenge I'd say lock em up in the town square in a stockade and let the public do with them as they please. It isn't about revenge. It's about stopping them from molesting children.

My plan for prevention is to keep them locked up and away from kids. My plan has been shown to be 100% effective. Not a single child has EVER been molested by a pervert while he was in jail.

What is your plan? This?:http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...-offended.html
I would like to ship them off to Antarctica as I feel that would be the best solution, and while I haven't looked up the stats, I don't think there's many children there. Unfortunately thats not an option.

Has mandatory minimums proven to be effective on this kind of crime? It's a tough issue as I don't believe mental rehab will get these people anywhere. How do you turn off ones sexual desires? (Maybe theres a drug for that!)

It just appears to me this is more about turning a rapidly asked media question and a quick response into easy ammo to attack a politician who happens to be on the other side of the chosen political spectrum. (A spectrum I don't agree with/ or play into).
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lgreenback View Post
Mandatory minimums aren't going to do anything for sexual predators of children. These are obviously very mentally de-ranged people. It will however costs us taxpayers a lot more money.

Whats the fascination with "Sun News"? Every link I've seen posted to them is so bias and blatantly manipulative its hard to watch.
Quote:
I would like to ship them off to Antarctica as I feel that would be the best solution, and while I haven't looked up the stats, I don't think there's many children there. Unfortunately thats not an option.

Has mandatory minimums proven to be effective on this kind of crime? It's a tough issue as I don't believe mental rehab will get these people anywhere. How do you turn off ones sexual desires? (Maybe theres a drug for that!)

It just appears to me this is more about turning a rapidly asked media question and a quick response into easy ammo to attack a politician who happens to be on the other side of the chosen political spectrum. (A spectrum I don't agree with/ or play into).
You nailed it.

Welcome to the forum.

Always good to have another critical mind around here to combat the tabloid love-in.

PPPPPPS. TBD. back on ignore.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

Like I said. No kids have ever been molested by one of these guys while they are in jail. They HAVE been molested by these guys after they were released, while they were in rehab or on parole. So I'm curious...why risk another kid being molested?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 PM
Banned

Default If your okay with our prison systems letting them ....

Quote:

back into the general POP then they'd better learn how to rehabilitate - So why's JT and the liberals not talking about this ?

If they can't be rehabilitated should'nt be let out - NO ?

I mean maybe we can get them working to help pay the cost of an extended stay or something ?

Last edited by TBD; 11-20-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Banned

Default Oh bee - you're such a serious guy .....

Quote:
Are you daft?
.... are you going to stick to the ignore threat this time ?

How about you bee, if your okay letting them back out how are you going to insure they don't harm innocent kids ?