Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Default Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61A View Post
WOW,
It is amaizing how people can react to change. I for one ( sa it seems from the above posts) have had nothing but great service from the people at Sherwoodpark archery. Joe was an exceptional business man. It is a shame somany of you see otherwise. He is a hunter who has a outfitting business and he supports locals in their 3d shoots and he is the only range that I know of that has school programs.

I hope the new owners are 1/2 as great as Joe was. I hope the new guy can deliver all the things he said he will...new and bigger merchandice, and an elevated shooting area and broadhead range ect. I don't see where he is going to come up with the room...without taking away from the current range. Look how bad it sucks at Trophybook, now that they only have 3 lanes to shoot in. Ever try and practice there? Can never get any arrows in...

Well like I said, Joes is great and so were his staff...I think the new guy has large shoes to fill.

G-len
Yes, Sherwood Park Archery has a great history of excellent service and follow up and community service. Joe is alweays out in AHEIA's "Women in the Outdoor" course at Alford Lake instructing and working with AHEIA's Youth Group. Joe should have more time now!!! I bought my first bow (a Browning Explorer II, 4 wheeler back in 1982 from the original owner (Jack Kempf, a great guy and Bowyer) Hope I spelt his name right, from them. Dallas has some big shoes to fill for sure and maybe some customer service etiquette to learn. My wife stopped in to get a WIN form for my daughter and he had no time for her, like what was she doing in there bothering him. She wont be back. When I went in to get some licenses later it was his wife and Joes wife behind the till and I mentioned that to them and she appoligized to me. Then later I went in again and there were two guys lined up at the till and Dallas came up to me and asked if I needed any help and I said I needed some Tags and he said these gentlemen are here for tags as well. So that was good. Communication is a big key to Customer Satisfaction.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:33 PM

I was in the other day and was basically treated like I was bothering them by trying to buy something. Not saying I wont ever shop there again but I will go to trophy book or order from cabelas/BPS first if it is possible. If not i will go to SPA but not my first choice anymore.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:33 PM

Default SPA Lanes

In my little pee brain I can't help but wonder if the guys who don't like the service are some of the people I've seen in the shop.

One Gentleman straight out asked Dallas to make him an arrow that would fly the same as his 2 arrows he presented(not made anymore). Dallas proceeded to weight both arrows (450 gr and 400 gr respectively)mmmmm different weight arrows. Dallas explained to the guy that the arrows were different weights and showed him the scale, then asked him which arrow he wanted to use as they were different lengths. The guy replies "just make them fly the same as both of these arrows fly the same."

This is where I roll my eyes and look for an adult beverage.

Dallas explains for over 15 minutes to this guy that at 20 yrds it is possible that these arrows are close but at further distances there is no way that these arrows will have the same POI.

Dallas again explains that he can get an arrow to duplicate flight but this guy has to pick the one he wants duplicated.

This customer gets all in a huff, presumably because Dallas has repeated himself 3 times as I was standing there and did not find his tone or demeanor offensive. I thought it was handled very professionally.

I mean people, come on! DO SOME HOMEWORK ON YOUR OWN! After dealing with 10 of these people in a day I'd be a tad on the owly side myself.

Pretending you know something does not actually mean you have a clue about what you are talking about. Do we come to your place of employment and tell you what is the best way to do your job. I doubt it!

Solocam3 sorry about your wife but if she followed the customer I just explained I could see why anyone could have came across the wrong way.

For those that wonder, I don't own shares. I just a regular guy who spends extra time with hobbies I love.

Good work Dallas and Jenn and staff!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 PM

i don't know i've been in there 4-5 times in the last month. geting now that the guys in there give ME the gears for not haveing put an animal down yet. will be going back on wednesday to see if they can order me a sight that i found in cabelas that they wont ship up here. i like the service and the guys in there.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 PM

My nephew was in there a couple weeks back. He was looking to get his tags but had lost his WIN card and didn't have it on him. He was told that the only way they could get him his tags would be to pay a $9.00 surcharge to do a check to find his WIN #. After agreeing to pay the charge, he was unpleasantly blown off and basically told to pound salt and to find his tags elsewhere. My nephew then took his business to Crappy Tire where they did a search for his WIN # for free and got him his tags.

I'm not sure if this is an isolated incident but if that is what customer service is all about, I'll take all my business to trophy book or order in on Cabela's.