Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 PM

Default Fly-In Fishing Recomendations?

So we just found out that the town that I work for is giving up on running the ambulance service, meaning we will be either taken over by Alberta Health or a private for profit company, basically we are all just going to be a number as soon as the transfer is complete.
So we were thinking that we would haveone last excursion for all of us before we each go our seperate ways, and we were thinking about a fly in fishing trip.
There is only 8 of us but more then likely only 6 would actually want to go, Some of us would like fully catered and others are not worried about that in the least. We are thinking about a 5-7 day trip and we were thinking more or less northern sask.
Just wondering if anyone has any imput they can throw my way as to where might be a good place to start looking.
Thanks a bunch
Divert
Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 PM

Fortress Lake in BC? I haven't been there since Mike Furfero owned it but the new owners have put alot of money into it since the sale. There are some monsterous Brookies in there.

If your heart isn't set on fly-in Mike now guides people on Kinbasket with a Jet boat.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the info But to be honest we are more so looking for big pike/walleye, not really trout fishermen. But again thanks for your suggestion.
The two we are thinking about are Lloyd lake or Ubiquity lake, has anyone ever heard or used any of them?
Again thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Why not a northern Alberta fly-in lake? There are a bunch of good ones and your drive to Fort McMurray to fly out is a heck of a lot closer.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:38 PM

One of the guys suggested to try and get to somewhere on the shield as the scenery is much different to what we have in alberta, I have checked out some of the options in northern alberta as well such as Andrew Lake, Mikisew, as well as a few others but have been having a hard time finding sask ones and thought someone might be able to suggest a few more, also for me is I have only ever wet a hook or walked bush in alberta and have always wanted to check out Saskatchewan, so what better time then to do it with 7 close friends for a week.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM

I have been to this place and know the owners so I feel comfortable recommending them.
http://www.iskwatikanlake.com/
Steve