Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Wainwright Tags

Picked up my tags for the base hunt and see that they are giving 3 tags this year. Does anyone know if the extra tag is just for a doe or for another buck?

And for you guys that are heading to the base where is everyone staying?? We head out for the second rifle season on the 5th.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 PM

Default 3rd tag

The idea behind the third tag is for people to hopefully take an antlerless deer that might not want to...It was suppose to be antlerless only at first but I believe fish and wildlife will not be enforcing it. I will know more Weds.

Since we are discussing this issue I would hope that all hunters that are drawn for Camp Wainwright will take at least one antlerless deer this year. We have gone to a lot of trouble getting a food bank reefer trailer this year once again to help out with the harvest, increased hunters (due to poor turn out in past years) and extra tags.

This is the chance that hunters have complained that they did not have in recent years about decisions that SRD has made in the local area. You want to play an active role in wildlife management then help out and increase harvest.

If you leave camp Wainwright with unused tags due to holding out only for trophies then you were not an active player in wildlife management and should not complain if other methods of herd reduction are used in the future.

Enjoy your hunt and please take a doe or two!