Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 06-14-2020, 09:04 PM

Default Seeking experience; A plethora of stuff

Hey all, first time posting over here as I am generally a dabbler at fishing at best. But...
Grandfather past away a few years back, he happened to be a very avid Montana fly fisherman, and I happened to inherit many of his rods, reels, flies, etc. Its sat for many years as I really dont have much of a clue beyond a basic setup. I read up on it as best I can but well...
So finally I’m looking for help, a nice person or a point to the right store where I could bring all this fish wrangling paraphernalia and said expert could help me sort through it, figure out what setups for what conditions etc. Kinda of a shot in the dark but thar she blows!
I’m more than willing to provide coffee, whiskey or beer, and hopefully trade a few laughs. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2020, 09:05 PM

Should mention I’m in the Threehills area, generally travels to Calgary but can make red deer and so on

Old 06-15-2020, 01:39 AM

Fishtales in Calgary, best fly fishing shop in Alberta as far as I’m concerned, they ain’t snobby there either.............pretty diverse staff as well (in the fly tying/fly fishing aspect anyways)
Old 06-15-2020, 11:27 AM

Thanks! Appreciate it. Also received a pm from another guy, so should be able to get some direction from there as well. Thanks again.