Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 AM

Default disassemble of a m 94 win

I finally got my grandfathers Win m 94 30-30 legal, after lots of phone tag with family back in ont, faxing ect,ect. Now i would like to strip it down and clean it inside out. I'm worried about the stock as my cousin stored it after my grandfather passed on in a ton of oil and it soaked into the stock. I told him to make sure it had oil on the metal before he stored it.lol He doesn't own guns.lol. Anyhow is it hard to disassemble and assemble a model 94? I think it needs a firing pin spring and would like to replace it on my own. Also i'm torn between replacing stock. It has a lot of character from years of hunting done by the guy who taught me the joy of hunting. So if i can i'd like to keep it looking the way it is. It's just feeling loose and wobbly from the oil that soaked in. My goal is to shoot a nice buck with it next year. I just gotta make sure it's good to go first. Something cool i learned about this rifle from grandmother and uncle is it killed around 30 to 40 whitetails in my grandfathers hands. All with open sights. Thanks for any info. jay
Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM

http://www.castbullet.com/misc/tdown.htm
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0...bove_6_000_000

These two sites were very helpfull to me when I broke mine down to clean and renew my 94
Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Piece of cake. And it is way smoother. I'm gonna use stock the way it is. Next up a box of shells and shooting. I guess there is no spring for firing pin.lol Learn something new everyday.lol