Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-13-2018, 09:07 AM

Default Trout Lake NWT

I spent some time at the fishing lodge up there around 1990. Would love to go back, can anyone who's been up lately let me know how it was and who you went through to make arrangements?

When we went last, flew into Trout Lake village then took a 18 foot Lund with a kicker 8 miles down the lake to the lodge and took care of ourselves. That set up still available?

Anyone?
Old 04-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Northstar Resort NWT. Talk to Justin, great guy, loves fishing and is good at it.
You can find it on FB.

Spruce
Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 PM

Talked with a good man named Clinton up 150km away from fort Simpson. It’s still a great place and they have full amenities. I’m not sure the details.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:23 PM

Well, resurrecting an old thread....but my brother in law offered to fly my son and I up to Trout Lake for a day of fishing. In lacrete now, flying out tomorrow morning. No idea what to expect, but couldn't pass up the trip. Will hopefully have some pics to post tomorrow!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-25-2019, 05:29 PM

Wow....Trout Lake. A nice local fellow gave us a ride into 'town' from the airport...we got our fishing licenses and then the same gent obliged us and took us out for some fishing.....we got there around 11:30 and 4 of us limited in 45 minutes. I caught the biggest pickerel I've ever hooked my first cast, and a couple big 12-15 lb northern pike the next two casts. After I got my second pickerel, I just sort of watched my son catching some fish. We spent more time cleaning our catch than we did fishing. Crazy.....seemed like every cast, you had a fish on. We actually didn't even get that many pictures because it was fishing frenzy! Great time. The other thing was, on the flight in and out, you could really see the fire around High Level. Wow....

We were back in Lacrete not even seven hours after we took off.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-25-2019, 06:35 PM

Oh yes....not the biggest fish of the bunch, but we weren't having much time for pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20190525-WA0002.jpg (64.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190525-WA0001.jpg (57.3 KB, 94 views)