Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 04:50 PM

Huntinstuff: If you're a member of UFA get on the phone and call the guy in charge of WSS at the Calgary UFA head office. I phone number I used was 403-570-4500. I have a call into his assistant about how long it takes to get items that are on sale but not in stock at Calgary mail order. She is to get back to me on the 28th. I agree with you that the employees are not to blame and it's an upper management problem. If we want this company to be a success we are going to have to start complaining to those at the top.

Alan
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Renagade View Post
I wonder if UFA buying them out has anything to do with the empty shelves and lack of powders. Just a thought
+1
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=huntinstuff;1356626]
Quote:
What WSS needs is someone at the top who knows something and makes arrangements to get product on the shelves.
+1

Quote:
The employees are not to blame. Theyd love to sell stuff, but the actual company executive do not have the right people, making the right contacts, and spending the right amount of money to make WSS successful
+1

Quote:
I am a shareholder in UFA and I find the senior management is not doing the job it needs to do.
+1

Quote:
You have to spend money to make money. Lots of it. They are operating WSS like its in liquidation.
Sort of looks that way!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=bobalong;1356791]
Quote:
You have stated exactly what is going on at WSS, and basically has been ever since UFA bought them.
QUOTE]
Ya must work there to know that!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
WSS here in Lethbridge has been picked clean of cleaning supplies for a long time, probably pushing a year. And there's no sign of a order anytime soon. The few things that are there are Outers brand...where's the Hoppes, Gunslick, and Dewey products?
WSS Calgary is out of everything as well so Wednesday I made the big drive to Bass Pro. Empty shelves as well. Finally found a flat of 12 gauge I wanted to buy and waited next to a cash register on the gun counter.....there were 4 counter staff and two with customers and two just yaking, I finally interupted their conversation and asked if one could ring in my purchase and one of them said yes but you can also pay downstairs near the exit. Told them I was sorry that I bothered them and went downstairs. I could have left my flat of ammo, but I needed it. No I wanted it. By the time I walked out of the store I was in a better mood. I think that the staff at both of these store are just very tired and after a while just do not seem to care. I blame upper managment and the bean counters for the attitude of staff,
Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 PM

Did UFA recently buy them or is that something that happened a while ago?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKing View Post
Did UFA recently buy them or is that something that happened a while ago?
Has been 4 years now.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:16 PM

I honestly wonder how WSS stays open.... I have never had a more consistent lack of customer service (they once sold a pistol I ordered, and waited almost 4 weeks for, the morning it arrived before they could be bothered to call me then informed me I could get another one in a month or so) and complete lack of items I wish to purchase, such as firearm cleaning supplies, targets, ammo, reloading components, optics (basically everything except clothing, that they have...kinda). The only reason I go there is the prices are low and they are 10 minutes from my front door.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 AM

One side of the business is losing money and that helps defer some of the taxes towards the other side of the partnership that is making money. Has anyone checked out UFA in Red Deer for powder?

WSS was nose diving before UFA came along.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Went to the north side store to buy some mtm cartridge boxes all sold out. Very size. Just the crappy ones with the black inserts left.

They used to have soooo many. What is happening?!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Chaser View Post
One side of the business is losing money and that helps defer some of the taxes towards the other side of the partnership that is making money. Has anyone checked out UFA in Red Deer for powder?

The guys at UFA in RD are great!! Second only too Basha's lol.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsports View Post
I honestly thought that this was the case when I went in to the store.

I asked a fellow if they were closing up (didn't seem like an impossibility considering Cabelas is opening a store here in a few months).

He told me that sadly, they were just waiting on product to fill the shelves.
I honestly think they are going to go under. I think that Cabelas is killing them.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Chaser View Post

Paying the losses on the UFA side is probably the reason WSS buyers do not buy!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 PM

I was at the S'toon one yesturay holy crap very thin stock, they moved the ammo to the floor on shelves to hide the empty . i asked the cashier when the closing date was, she laughed.. Said the dude who orders the inventory for Alberta and Sask quit a few months ago, and no one has ordered shyte. I don;t buy it.. They should have last years sales on hand and just pre-order that amount..
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE-1 View Post
I was at the S'toon one yesturay holy crap very thin stock, they moved the ammo to the floor on shelves to hide the empty . i asked the cashier when the closing date was, she laughed.. Said the dude who orders the inventory for Alberta and Sask quit a few months ago, and no one has ordered shyte. I don;t buy it.. They should have last years sales on hand and just pre-order that amount..
Actually I was told that most of the ammo was moved to the floor as a result of frequent requests from customers who did not like to wait in line just for ammo. Still pretty slim pickins
Old 03-25-2012, 10:55 PM

I was at wss north to pick up a brick of cci 22 mag ammo and I was told they had none in stock And that they had no idea when they were getting any in.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 AM

Duke,
Last year they had an excuse for not ordering gopher loads. They can not fall back on last years order cause there was no order.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM

Popped into Saskatoon again today to pick up some .284 168gr VLD's.

Noooooooooope.

I sent a concerned email to the help desk for WSS after my last visit. Nothing rude, just an expression of concern seeing as how Cabelas is opening up here in a month or two.

No reply.