Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Default where to buy auto parts?

My truck need to be fixed..... Usually, where do you buy autoparts except Canadian tire or the dealer of your vehicle? Thank you!
Old 07-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Rockauto.com

It saves a pile of money, you just have to wait slightly longer. You also get lots of choices for quality levels, whether you prefer economy or premium parts

I’ve ordered from them at least 6 times and there are no surprise costs such as brokerage fees or the like. I forget if they have options but I always select the cheapest US Postal Service option. I can’t recall if they have UPS among their options but never ever select UPS when ordering from the USA as they absolutely gouge on brokerage fees. The cheapest option is also the best
Old 07-09-2018, 10:13 AM

Depends what your looking for, but Jegs, Auto Value, Speedway Motors, Summit, or Rock Auto.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:19 AM

X2 for rock auto. Love them!!!
Old 07-09-2018, 10:37 AM

rockauto always has a 5% coupon just google for the code
Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 PM

I have two options that I find the best.

Rock Auto as noted above.

Local option in Edmonton, Parts King. Great pricing and you can pickup. I found they are very close to Rock Auto after shipping on most stuff and they usually have it in stock. You can email and they get back to you right away. If you request that they call your cell number they will and they will work with you to find what you need. Great service. They may not have everything but I found they have been good for me.

www.partsking.ca
Old 07-09-2018, 12:39 PM

Thewrenchmonkey.ca it’s Canadian, usually just as cheap as rockauto, free shipping over about $99 and you don’t have to wait as long for your stuff. I always start there to see if they’ve got what I need.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:24 PM

Three EXCELLENT, Rock, Parts and Wrench. These sources that will save you a ton of money over the local parts shops, and the quality is much better. If you need 4x4 specific stuff, 4Wheel Parts has good prices and good to great quality depending on brand you pick.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/stores/S...or.aspx#CANADA
Old 07-09-2018, 02:51 PM

My go to is Rock Auto if I can plan ahead... if not Bowness Auto Parts is always very similar in pricing I've found for certain things. If I need it right now though Auto Value Parts has a great and easy inventory lookup I can quickly check before darting out grabbing parts.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Nother vote for RA....I like that I can pick which brand and level of quality. Once they know the make and model of your vehicle(s) they will periodically send notifications of wholesaler closeout parts, which are usually heavily discounted.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Rockauto.com

It saves a pile of money, you just have to wait slightly longer. You also get lots of choices for quality levels, whether you prefer economy or premium parts

I’ve ordered from them at least 6 times and there are no surprise costs such as brokerage fees or the like. I forget if they have options but I always select the cheapest US Postal Service option. I can’t recall if they have UPS among their options but never ever select UPS when ordering from the USA as they absolutely gouge on brokerage fees. The cheapest option is also the best
checked the web site. looking for rotors and brake pads all 4 see they have canadian price but also core charge. where and who who i send back to get core return? Thx for any info.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbertom View Post
checked the web site. looking for rotors and brake pads all 4 see they have canadian price but also core charge. where and who who i send back to get core return? Thx for any info.
From the help section

https://www.rockauto.com/help/#OLDPART

https://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=4#RETCRE
Old 07-13-2018, 11:57 PM

I second the recommendation of Parts King. I use them 90% of the time for the repairs and maintenance I do. Their prices are usually as good or better than Rock Auto once you factor in the exchange rate and shipping, not to mention you will have your part(s) the same day.
I've even had good luck with them finding me hard to get parts for older imports.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 AM

Tagged
Old 07-14-2018, 09:33 AM

I’ve never in my life seen a core charge for brake rotors, they’re not rebuildable like say a brake caliper or an engine block.

Last edited by Venison Assassin; 07-14-2018 at 09:41 AM.