Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-13-2018, 06:54 PM

Default the minister's only public consultation?

Read this and weep if you own an autoloading anything, and do tell them what you think in any and all comment sections. Mag caps have nothing to do with what they are implying here, .22 or 50 cal or 10ga isn't even a consideration.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c.../index-en.aspx
Old 10-13-2018, 06:58 PM

While I wouldn't normally advocate breaking the law, I'm beginning to think that massive non-compliance with the Liberal's new bans is going to be our only option to fight the lies they bring to the table. They don't even seem to consider doing anything to actually fight crime.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:02 PM

I’m really hoping that every firearm owner fills this out. I don’t care if you only own a single shot Cooey, I believe this is important.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:14 PM

I filled it out. Remember to fill out the comments as the survey is leading towards banning guns and doesn't give many options that are pro guns at all.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 10-13-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I'm beginning to think that massive non-compliance with the Liberal's new bans is going to be our only option to fight the lies they bring to the table. .
Hope a few more are on board if the need arises once again....
Old 10-13-2018, 08:34 PM

Filled it out, and maxed out comment section. For all the good it will do...it may come down to massive non compliance. Since 'democracy' is flawed and can be bought with legalized recreational drugs. Maybe next election it will be injection sites in every town...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-14-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Read this and weep if you own an autoloading anything, and do tell them what you think in any and all comment sections. Mag caps have nothing to do with what they are implying here, .22 or 50 cal or 10ga isn't even a consideration.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c.../index-en.aspx
Lol, this surprises you? By the time the public is "consulted" there is already a team of people working on the pre-determined outcome, which was decided long before the public even heard rumor of the change.

Fill it out, send some emails, do you're due diligence and retain the right to bitch when it goes through... but rest assured, it will go through.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:50 PM

Zero surprise in any way shape or form. It was predictable that they would try this method. Blair can't handle questioning in public, that was obvious from the way they set up the Toronto town hall. It worked for the NDP and their carbon tax here. Whether he'll have any more town halls is questionable at best. This is nothing but a smokescreen leading up to the next election. Otherwise it would entail the MP's actually having to do some real work reading the law to understand what they are doing, not that many would bother.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Zero surprise in any way shape or form. It was predictable that they would try this method. Blair can't handle questioning in public, that was obvious from the way they set up the Toronto town hall. It worked for the NDP and their carbon tax here. Whether he'll have any more town halls is questionable at best. This is nothing but a smokescreen leading up to the next election. Otherwise it would entail the MP's actually having to do some real work reading the law to understand what they are doing, not that many would bother.
Like everything else, IMO it is designed to create the illusion of actually doing something. Someone breaks a law, rather than spend money on enforcing the existing rules that were broken, or worry about actually punishing criminals more effectively, a new law is created. The whole world runs this way now, ever wonder how OH&S safety rules got so crazy?
Old 10-15-2018, 04:07 PM

Filled it out.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:00 AM

Even though this was obvious to anyone trying this survey, at least the word is getting out on it. Wonder what propaganda campaign the Libs will dream up based on this survey now?
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/li...GHZevyObxqQvVM