Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-29-2024, 08:29 PM

Default Some Times Good Fortune Smiles Down Apon You

Have been looking for another Anschutz 1416, sporter rifle for a very long time. Ones in really nice shape are extremely hard to find, even in right hand, but the RH ones do show up occaissionally. The guys that have these beautifully made, light and great handling walnut and blue sporting rifles very rarely sell one. They are most often passed down as hierloom pieces. Finding one in left hand in great shape is virtually impossible, in the last 15 years I have seen exactly one for sale, and it sold in minutes after being listed.

So yesterday I found a 1416 in excellent shape, listed by a guy with +200 trader ratings, and bought it immediately at full ask, which seemed pretty reasonable to me. EMTed him the money and find out today that the one I bought is actually left handed. I want a right handed one for my nephew but holly hana, I am just ecstatic about having a second left handed one. A righty will show up eventualy. .
Old 04-30-2024, 06:19 PM

there's a 1416 on cgn right now.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duceman View Post
there's a 1416 on cgn right now.
Appreciate the heads up. I spoke to the seller, price for condition didn't meet my expectations. Like I said above, finding one in excellent shape is really tough. I have guns I bought new 50 and 60 years ago, used a lot and they still look like brand new. Never understood people who beat the crap out of their gear. If you can find the 1416 sporter or the 54 action version, you will never find a better hunting rifle in 22Rf. They truly are Heirloom worthy.

Model 54 - top choice for RH shooters.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:17 AM

https://www.gotenda.com/product/ansc...ssic-18-22-lr/

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-01-2024, 06:39 AM

i've had a couple 1416, one in rimfire and one in 222 to match. beautiful guns for sure, but my brno model 5's will out shoot any of them.
do like the feel of the 1416, similar to the abolt or ruger 7722, like having an actual rifle in your hands.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.