Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-16-2018, 03:24 AM

Default Prime Centergy Hybrid

My wife went to our local archery shop here and started putting some money away there for me to order a new bow. I chose a Prime Centergy Hybrid. It finally arrived yesterday. It is a very sexy looking thing and I am waiting,not so patiently, to be able to shoot it. Any of you guys got one of these bows and how do you like it?
Old 03-01-2018, 04:50 AM

Just a bit of an update on my new toy. I shot the 3-D shoot in Grande Prairie over the weekend. I had less than an hour to shoot and sight in my new bow. I did not set any records on the weekend but my scores improved with every round. I was very impressed. I spent last night fine tuning my sight pins. One of the ads for the Prime Centrgy said "40 is now the new 20", I can honestly say that I was shooting tighter groups at 40 yards than I had been at 20 with my old bow. I think I am in love.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:58 PM

Hello Scalerman

I Purchased the Prime Centergy Hybrid last year as well after trying many bows and manufacturers. I love it, very easy to shoot and accurate. I get a lot of nice comments on it at the 3D Shoots.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:36 AM

I have to say that I did not try any other bows before buying this one. Big Timber Archery had one in stock and I fell in love with it. I would not shoot it because I was afraid if I did it would then have to follow me home. When my wife told me what she had done for me I did briefly look at other bows but when I started watching the review online two things stuck out for me. First was the word forgiving, I need a bow that will forgive me for not being perfect. The second was when they showed the groups that the bows were shooting I was very impressed with the centergy. I found it interesting to note that during the reviews I watched even though the centergy shot tighter groups than other bows the reviewer picked the other bow. At that point it is all about personal preference I guess. I will take accuracy over looks any day.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Hello Scalerman

I Purchased the Prime Centergy Hybrid last year as well after trying many bows and manufacturers. I love it, very easy to shoot and accurate. I get a lot of nice comments on it at the 3D Shoots.[/QUOTE]