Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-18-2018, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by rayf01 View Post
Anyone know what the ice thickness is like on Lac la biche? We've got half tons and will be towing up an old camper on to the ice that we gutted and put in a stove and holes in the floor.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Don't worry about how thick it is just make sure you bring extensions
Old 02-18-2018, 07:46 AM

On 40 Mile Friday the 16th. Great ice, 16"+. Lots of bigger snow drifts on top, you'll want some decent clearance to drive on.
There is nothing absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 AM

Sylvan Lake is 4 ish + thick, lots of stuck mini vans as far as the eyes can see. LOL.

The fish are biting gooder.

Ye Ha, bring on the good times

Old 02-18-2018, 03:17 PM

Pigeon Lake, Silver Beach area south of the Mulhurst boat launch, is about 36". With my shack sitting 8" above the ice I'm gonna need an extension next time I'm out.

Driving out yesterday was a little dicey, saw a few guys stuck and digging, heading home today the ruts were fine but the snow drifts were wind blown and hard enough to walk on without breaking through. Could be real nasty if you need to break trail.

Fishing was slow, one small pike and a thick 19" walleye on Saturday, a similar walleye early Sunday morning and then nothing the rest of the day. We did watch a pike on the camera for almost an hour but it just hovered at the bottom with no interest in anything we tried.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:42 PM

Fished at the PP on pigeon today, just about needed a extension. Started slow one small walleye in 2 hours. Then had 6 fish on, using the jawjacker in 45 min when packing up, lost 2 at the hole then iced one witch was big enough to fill a b class tag. Wanted to stay longer but I had to get back to town.