Canada’s Outdoor Outfitters Wholesale Sports

Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-16-2018, 03:23 PM

Yep I bought a pair grey pants back in the eighties. Still wearing them hunting and on my buddies trap line, although they are a wee bit tighter around the waste. lol.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Thanks for the update. That truly sucks the Big Magilla! I did find this place, it is U.S. but shipping is only $8, at least according to their website but I plan to check when I call them tomorrow. Even with the exchange they are a bit less than Ghost's pricing. Don't know about the service but one thing I will say for the Yanks is usually the service is top notch. Don't last long down there with Canadian level customer service.

https://www.galeton.com/big-bill-reg...13101-product/
I have that exact jacket and it is less than impressive. More of a glorified shirt that the buttons fall off. Love the pants and socks I ordered but this item is not of the same quality IMO.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
I have that exact jacket and it is less than impressive. More of a glorified shirt that the buttons fall off. Love the pants and socks I ordered but this item is not of the same quality IMO.
I have worn that style of jacket made by Codet for decades as a light car coat in the winter. They last about 15 years each. The Codets have a double yoke on the back of the shoulders, two front breast pockets with flaps and two slash pockets for hand warming or gloves on the sides at the bottom. They have four buttons for closure and you usually had to sew them on a little better as it isn't really heavy thread holding them on. The cuffs have button closure on them as well. Like you said, they aren't lined, more like a really heavy Flannel shirt made of wool but a bit longer than a regular shirt.

Codet doesn't seem to make them anymore so I am hoping these are a pretty close match. Is the above description pretty close for the one you have?
Old 12-17-2018, 07:37 AM

Perhaps it was just not what I expected. The pants are very well made and exceeded my expectations so there may be a bit of comparison going on.

I ordered the heavy standard wool pant and they are actually too warm unless it is below -10. I also picked up the Merino wool pant which are almost as warm but lighter weight. The stitching and lining is expertly done with quality product and attention to detail. The girl on line helped with the sizing and they fit perfect. These are both 100% wool and obviously I couldn't be happier.

The jacket is more of a mass produced quality and as described is a blend of fabric. It does not fit well in spite of my on line chat as it is a little short in the arms and too big in the middle. I am by no means a seamstress, but my mother was and I know quality stitching and fabric. You had mentioned flannel shirts and I have 2 that I wear almost daily if I am out in the bush. This shirt would make an itchy substitute but I was more looking for a fall/spring jacket.

With that said, the jacket I really want is 4 times more money like a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser or alike. It was perhaps foolish on my part to expect so much for so little money. You may well like the product as it seems to match your expectations.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:59 AM

i forgot to call and cancel... and i'm still waiting...