Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Default Cabelas Online Purchase Alert

Hi Everyone,

If you have made an online purchase with Cabelas that included any sale priced items I suggest you check your credit card statements against you checkout receipt and order history. On 3 out of the last 4 online purchases I have made in the past 1.5 years my credit card has been charged for the full price of the items, despite my cart total and even my order history showing the sale price of the items. In total it was over a $400 discrepancy.

I think it has to do with making the online purchase near the end of the online sale, and the items being shipped after the sale ends. It appears they charge your credit card when they ship the item. This makes it difficult to track the charges, as my card was charged three different times for one order.

Cabelas did refund the money, however it took a couple of weeks to process and they didn't seem too concerned about it and kept saying they would do a price match to make it right. I had to remind them this was not a price match scenario, but a case where I was being charged more than I agreed to pay.

I'm sure many of you on here have made online purchases with Cabelas. I can't see this being an isolated incident so check your credit card statements!!

Wellsy