Canada’s Outdoor Outfitters Wholesale Sports

Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-03-2016, 05:23 PM

Thinking of going out for grouse monday near calgary. Anyone want to join?
Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 AM

So going to kind of lay it out on the line here,so I do apologize. After a few brutally failed hunting buddy's, I am looking for a new buddy.

Bit about myself first. I am 35/male living in deep s.e calgary and married. Incase of old buddy's on here I will leave it at that for the time being.

I am looking for a buddy around same age, and lives somewhat close. Can be a seasoned hunter or a newbie, does not matter. I am looking for someone to get out soon with coyote hunting and get some door knocking done to find some permission and get into great for next year season as I have had 3 bad seasons in a row now. I would like to hunt deer, elk and anything else possible as well as game birds. I would love to explore camping and hunting as well, as I hope to get outfitters tent soon. I would also love the idea of horseback hunting and I do have access to a couple horses.

A buddy that ice fish's in the winter would also be ideal.

I'm looking for someone to go for beers with, and wing nights during the year. And just an all around good friend.

Let me know if you are interested!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:37 AM

New to the Canmore area and keen to get out this winter/spring after an uneventful fall. I'm 33, family, meat hunter, don't hunt anything I wouldnt eat. Spot/ stalk, blinds, long range, whatever. I have guns, gear, a beat up 4x4 that goes anywhere, and some experience. I'd be up for some foothills hunting this spring, pm me.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:46 PM

Hi my name's Dee,

I should be getting my PAL in early January 2017 and want to be ahead of the game looking for a Hunting partner for the 2017 season, who is willing to show me the ropes. I'm a 45 year old first time female hunter. I've been in Canada 8 years arriving from the UK that many years ago on Christmas Eve. If you want to know more about me or feel that you'd like to help a newby out please Private message me. I live near Edmonton.

Thanks

Last edited by dwyldethang; 12-05-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:38 PM

Looking for someone in my age bracket 55-60 to take an experienced hunter inexperienced at coyote/wolf hunting. Willing to learn. Have all my own equipment. Tika243 or my Tika7mm08. Looking for someone that's willing to get out of their or my truck , do some walking, calling etc. mostly hunt in the Rocky area. Very safety orintated, have advanced first aid. Reasonably fit non smoker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2016, 07:44 PM

Hey Guys my name is Wes, I'm 28, a welder and have had my PAL/RPAL for a few years and just got my Hunting License so I'm looking for a mentor. I'm located in Edmonton Alberta.
I am interested in hunting coyotes, black bear, mule and white tail deer, all upland birds and waterfowl, hare, pretty much anything. I would also love to learn how to fish properly as I was never any good at it, and I've never tried ice fishing.
I currently own a Winchester '94 .30-30 and reload my own ammo for it, and I have a Ruger SR10-22. I'd like to eventually get a .300WSM so I could expand into bigger game once I have some skills.
I'd even love to just go gopher hunting if you want someone to shoot with.
Thanks

-Wes
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 PM

Default I'm looking

Hi,

The thread asks to give a description, so here it is:

I've been hunting my whole life. I have had successful experiences hunting deer, bear, elk, antelope, moose, waterfowl, and upland birds. I don't claim to know a lot. To tell you the truth I learn so much every time I go out that I know I have a long way to go until I get to where I want to be.

I'm 54 and I live in the States in Washington state. I'm moving back home to Montana soon. I've never hunted in Alberta yet, but I've wanted to my whole life. I think it's time to get started. I'm fit and have no problem with a good hike. I have a good retriever.

I'm an engineer with a happy home life. I don't do any drugs and although I don't smoke or drink, I'm not the type who cares if my hunting partner drinks (just not with guns involved of course . I don't have a preference for age or gender, and I have no problem mentoring new hunters if they would like to be mentored.

Message me if you'd like to chat about hunting for some elk, moose, deer, and other critters in Alberta.

Thank you
Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Default Looking for someone that wants to take me hunting

Hi guys,

I'm a 29 year old dutch guy, gonna be around banff for a few months.
Would love to go hunting with someone that has the gear and experience.
I'm a laidback guy, loves a beer and share experiences.
Hope that anyone would like to go out hunting for a day and have a good time!
Send me a message if you're interested.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a 26 year old male living in central Alberta looking to get into bow hunting. I've been practicing with my compound bow for a few months and seeking a hunting buddy nearby me, preferably another archer.
While I'm not new to adventuring in the wilderness, I'm pretty green when it comes to hunting animals.
If you've got some experience or looking for a partner, please let me know!
Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Hello Fowlmisser,
My name is Burhan Kadri. I am an Engineer and an Industrial Electrician by trade. I work in a Manufacturing Plant.I live in Calgary Alberta. I do not smoke or drink. I am a family guy , proud father of 2 girls 12 and 9. I have been a Hiker all my life.
Started hunting in 2016 , thoroughly enjoy the experience! Still waiting to harvest my first deer :-(
Would love to have a mentor and really eager to learn!
You are welcome to come to Alberta anytime :-).
Hope to hear from you soon.

Burhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlmisser View Post
Hi,

The thread asks to give a description, so here it is:

I've been hunting my whole life. I have had successful experiences hunting deer, bear, elk, antelope, moose, waterfowl, and upland birds. I don't claim to know a lot. To tell you the truth I learn so much every time I go out that I know I have a long way to go until I get to where I want to be.

I'm 54 and I live in the States in Washington state. I'm moving back home to Montana soon. I've never hunted in Alberta yet, but I've wanted to my whole life. I think it's time to get started. I'm fit and have no problem with a good hike. I have a good retriever.

I'm an engineer with a happy home life. I don't do any drugs and although I don't smoke or drink, I'm not the type who cares if my hunting partner drinks (just not with guns involved of course . I don't have a preference for age or gender, and I have no problem mentoring new hunters if they would like to be mentored.

Message me if you'd like to chat about hunting for some elk, moose, deer, and other critters in Alberta.

Thank you