Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-16-2016, 08:16 PM

Default Call to Action We need your help Canadian Tire Corporation

Call to Action, need your help Canadian Tire Corporation

As some of you are aware a press release was issued yesterday by the Furbearer defenders making the allegation that both Sports Chek and Atmosphere subsidiaries of Canadian Tire Corporation are going fur free. If you read the press release carefully they are using this publicize stunt to seek donations knowing full well that there will be a major push back from us.
http://thefurbearers.com/blog/christ...s-dropping-fur
As an industry, we have already contacted the head office of CTC and are awaiting an official response and the company’s position on this press release. In the mean time, as individual customers we can ask politely for clarification of the company’s position. This may well all be a smoke and mirror stunt by this group to gain media attention especially at Christmas time when people take a moment to be with family and friends.
Canadian Tire - Customer Relations: 1-800-387-8803 (English) 1-800-565-3356 (Francais)
• Contact email: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/custom...ontact-us.html (contact form that will email no direct email)
https://twitter.com/canadiantire (@canadiantire)
https://www.facebook.com/Canadiantire/

- Atmosphere: 1-855-496-ATMO (2866)
https://www.atmosphere.ca/help-desk/...ontact-us.html (another contact form... no email I can find directly.)
https://www.facebook.com/AtmosphereOutdoor?fref=ts

- Sports Chek: 1 (877) 977-2435
https://www.sportchek.ca/help-desk/c...ontact-us.html (another contact form... no email I can find directly.)
https://www.facebook.com/SportChekOf...?v=wall&ref=ts
https://twitter.com/SportChek

- Mark’s: 1-866-339-1626
marks.customer.service@canadiantire.ca / media.inquiries@marks.com
https://twitter.com/marksCanada
https://www.facebook.com/MarksClothing

Please take a few minutes and voice your concern, but remember to be polite and respectful to the person you are talking to as they will know very little about this issue. Ask for an official response from the company. This groups strategy is to target outlets that sell fur and will use every trick to achieve their goal of no use of any fur. If CTC goes along with this press release I am sure we will have a lot more to say and do. Right now, all we need you to do is make a few phones calls or e-mail inquires asking for clarification of this press release.
Thanks, and Merry Christmas
Jim
Old 12-16-2016, 08:59 PM

No more me mepps spinners
Old 12-17-2016, 06:52 AM

This is the pathetic response they are giving

Over a year ago two of our banners, Sport Chek and Atmosphere, made a decision that reflects the preferences of their customers. We continuously evaluate the types of products we carry in our stores and from time to time we make shifts in our assortment. We are aware of communications that indicated this decision reflects all of our banners but this is not the case. Thank you.

The question to ask What is your corporate policy on the use of Fur?
Old 12-17-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb View Post

Over a year ago two of our banners, Sport Chek and Atmosphere, made a decision that reflects the preferences of their customers. We continuously evaluate the types of products we carry in our stores and from time to time we make shifts in our assortment. We are aware of communications that indicated this decision reflects all of our banners but this is not the case. Thank you.

Okay great am confused here
You say " our stores"?? Do you work for CanadianTire?
If so what exactly is you agenda here?
I have no problem phoning someone but I refuse to be manipulated by someone under the impression That I am doing something else
Cat
Old 12-17-2016, 07:29 AM

Sorry if any confusion I do not work for Canadian Tire, the goal is to point out to CTC that us trappers have an issue with the non use of fur in their stores.
I am a trapper my home number is 705-476-2050 if you would like to talk to me one on one. I talk better than I can type.
Jim
Old 12-17-2016, 07:47 AM
Suspended User

Default I am really confused ....

One of my impressions was that 99.9 % of the furs trapped
In Canada went straight to China . As someone who has boycotted
Asian made products for some years now .I have found anything with
Fur on it ,in these outlets has a MIC label on it .Even the Authentic
Canadian Fur Label has MIC on it . If you think the trappers are going to be
****ed think about the poor Chinese and also the Russians .
Good luck in your quest . If this affects the market I guess my coyotes
won't pay for the gas again !
Old 12-17-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Okay great am confused here
You say " our stores"?? Do you work for CanadianTire?
If so what exactly is you agenda here?
I have no problem phoning someone but I refuse to be manipulated by someone under the impression That I am doing something else
Cat
The section of his post saying "our stores" was in the quote of the response he got from Canadian Tire. I sent an email to Canadian Tire, Atmosphere and Sport Chek about this issue and the only response I have had so far was the same form letter from Canadian Tire.
Quote:
I replied back to the effect that the actions of the children reflect on the parent.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:17 AM

Hi Jim..
Thx for the heads up. Pls excuse the mods. that do not know what side of the fence you are on. Regarding the question we ask to them, do you suggest that a phone call, email or speaking face to face with the store managers would be the route to go. In my case, being from a smaller center, I know both of them. I guess, I'm wondering what kind of monitoring of the phone calls is being made to show the response from the position the have taken.
Our store has a very good selection of guns, rifles, etc.. will that be the next.??
Old 12-17-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
Hi Jim..
Thx for the heads up. Pls excuse the mods. that do not know what side of the fence you are on. Regarding the question we ask to them, do you suggest that a phone call, email or speaking face to face with the store managers would be the route to go. In my case, being from a smaller center, I know both of them. I guess, I'm wondering what kind of monitoring of the phone calls is being made to show the response from the position the have taken.
Our store has a very good selection of guns, rifles, etc.. will that be the next.??
Just to be clear when you go to talk to the Canadian Tire guy - Canadian Tire has not taken a "no-fur" policy. It is only the two subsidiary store names - Atmosphere and Sport Chek that have declared they will no longer carry product containing fur.
From the response that they have sent out it seems that Canadian Tire branding thinks it can distance itself from this action by saying it is not them, but their other banners - a shell game IMO.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Just to be clear when you go to talk to the Canadian Tire guy - Canadian Tire has not taken a "no-fur" policy. It is only the two subsidiary store names - Atmosphere and Sport Chek that have declared they will no longer carry product containing fur.
From the response that they have sent out it seems that Canadian Tire branding thinks it can distance itself from this action by saying it is not them, but their other banners - a shell game IMO.
I think CTC position is clear they have chosen not to sell Canadian Goose coats in their Sport Chek or Atmosphere stores.
Doug I suggest both a face to face visit is excellent followed up with an email to corporate would be best.
I can't believe this CTC sells more outdoor gear than anybody else. To turn their back on fur is an utter disgrace.
Jim
Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 AM

We have s huge Canadian Tire outdoor store up here that handles all manner if hunting and fishing gear .
Cat
Old 12-17-2016, 11:42 AM

I will be notifying our local Pres. and Sect. and asking them to contact all our members, together with the link supplied, again asking the members to print off the item and take this to our local stores. I'm quite certain the store managers here are prob not aware of this situation but confronted with the trapping community no longer frequenting their store, they may want to follow up with the powers to be. ......any other thoughts
Old 12-17-2016, 12:01 PM

At the local level you will get a denial of the issue but keep in mind and point out that one of the most popular garments in all of North America right now is Canada Goose and their head office is not supporting us. That simple.
They will give a standard hands off answer that makes it look like they have no say.
Both Atmosphere and Sports Chek are higher end retailers.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibb View Post

exactly what I got. I also posted on their facebook page and now have anti's all over me lol
Old 12-17-2016, 01:06 PM

The answers from Sport Chek and Atmosphere are not exactly glowing endorsements for going fur free IMO. To me it seems like the F-B are trying to create a victory of some sort for themselves and creating an issue out nothing.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
exactly what I got. I also posted on their facebook page and now have anti's all over me lol
Did they take down your post? I looked and can't find anything on their facebook page but their own promotional posts.

*Edit* found where the visitor posts are now.

Last edited by FCLightning; 12-17-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Did they take down your post? I looked and can't find anything on their facebook page but their own promotional posts.

*Edit* found where the visitor posts are now.
Getting personal messages. They show up in your extra message box u have to go in. Post is still up I think
Old 12-17-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Getting personal messages. They show up in your extra message box u have to go in. Post is still up I think
Is that the Canadian Tire facebook page you were on?
Cat
Old 12-17-2016, 04:09 PM

We will have to ask them if fur from a renewable resource is not better than artificial fur made from oil. The insulation is going to come from oil as well unless you go to down or wool and that would exploit those poor animals. It Going to be a tough choice for a tree hugger.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Is that the Canadian Tire facebook page you were on?
Cat
It won't let you post on their actual page. I tried and I think it got deleted but when I did I had a few messages. I am not a Facebook Guru but you can also send a message on Facebook to CT but I doubt it will get to anyone important
Old 12-17-2016, 05:27 PM

But they are fine with selling leather goods or down filled goods! Oh the hypocrisy!

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 12-19-2016, 04:36 AM

https://www.facebook.com/10001074381...type=2&theater

How long do you think the coyote market will last?
Old 12-19-2016, 07:01 AM

Interesting I can't comment on their page at all .... lol
Old 12-20-2016, 12:13 PM

There are a couple of direct emails here that may make a difference, LOL.

Share This Profile
Find This Person On
This profile was last updated on 12/18/16 and contains information from public web pages and contributions from the ZoomInfo community.
Mr. Michael B. Medline
President
Phone: (416) 480-3054
Email: michael.medline@cantire.com
Contact info unlocked
You have 99 left.
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
2180 Yonge Street 10Th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2V8
Canada
Company Description: Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (TSX:CTC, TSX:CTC.a) or "CTC," is a family of businesses that includes a retail segment, a financial services division and CT... more

George Nathanail
Corporate Sales Manager
Phone: (780) 410-9743
Email: george.nathanail@marks.com
Contact info unlocked
You have 98 left. Local Address: Edmonton , Alberta , Canada
Mark's (Mark's Work Warehouse)
#30 1035 64Th Ave Se
Calgary, Alberta T2H 2J7
Canada
Company Description: From 1977, Mark's Work Wearhouse has evolved from one small store in Calgary, Alberta to over 300 stores across Canada. Today, we're proud to be part of the... more
Old 12-20-2016, 12:40 PM

Can Tire's Environmental Policy dated December 19. I'm still not seeing anything about going fur free.

http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/Corpo...2013_FINAL.pdf
Old 01-01-2017, 07:35 AM
AO Sponsor

Let's keep this on the first page.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Can Tire's Environmental Policy dated December 19. I'm still not seeing anything about going fur free.

http://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/Corpo...2013_FINAL.pdf
Canadian Tire owns Atmosphere and Sport Chek. Those two stores have declared they will be "fur free". You can be sure Can. Tire Corp is aware of and sanctioned those decisions.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Let's keep this on the first page.
I can help with that
Cat
Old 01-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
There are a couple of direct emails here that may make a difference, LOL.

Share This Profile
Find This Person On
This profile was last updated on 12/18/16 and contains information from public web pages and contributions from the ZoomInfo community.
Mr. Michael B. Medline
President
Phone: (416) 480-3054
Email: michael.medline@cantire.com
Contact info unlocked
You have 99 left.
Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
2180 Yonge Street 10Th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2V8
Canada
Company Description: Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (TSX:CTC, TSX:CTC.a) or "CTC," is a family of businesses that includes a retail segment, a financial services division and CT... more

George Nathanail
Corporate Sales Manager
Phone: (780) 410-9743
Email: george.nathanail@marks.com
Contact info unlocked
You have 98 left. Local Address: Edmonton , Alberta , Canada
Mark's (Mark's Work Warehouse)
#30 1035 64Th Ave Se
Calgary, Alberta T2H 2J7
Canada
Company Description: From 1977, Mark's Work Wearhouse has evolved from one small store in Calgary, Alberta to over 300 stores across Canada. Today, we're proud to be part of the... more

I sent an email the other day regarding this. Was my go to store being only a few blocks away. Will drive out of the way to shop elsewhere. Never seen fur in the local store but still noteworthy. I know the local owner so will see if he has an opinion. Pretty ironic how they sell a boatload of hunting /fishing stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 01:17 AM

Not to sure why we buy gear from them anyway, it should be done at stores where the owners love the way of life and not from a place where your dealing with people that have never handled a gun or fishing rod in their lives. CT just got into guns and ammo in a big way, ironic and hypocritical that they would bend like this for the big city set. Over a Canadian Manufactured product with Canadian Fur in its making, taken by Canadian fur trappers is unconscionable. And make no mistake it is over those coats, I'm sure there wasn't an ounce of fur in those stores that wasn't those coats. I think it will be an interesting thing to see how we in the great outdoors respond to this.