Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Default Wolverine.

Is 400.00 To Much To Pay For A large Male Beautiful Markings Wolverine?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 PM

supply and demand me good fellow.
meanwhile our adversaries desire to turn the wolverine into the next "holy" worship-able alberta wildlife specie. ikid you not, they are gunning hard for this. they want it to be the next "grizzly bear".

Last edited by KI-UTE; 01-11-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Banned

Default Raw Fur

400 bucks is a good price for a wolverine as you describe....I got two this year one had beautiful markings and the larger one not so pronounced but they are a great trophy and I have much respect for them...if you want one I would grab it....Like Ki-Ute said SRD may put a halt to trapping them.

Remember though unless you are a fur buyer you cannot buy raw fur.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Default Wolverine Pic!!

Here is a pic of the wolverine!!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

Default Nice

That's a nice looking wolverine BR...best you grab it up!!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVTRAPPING View Post
That's a nice looking wolverine BR...best you grab it up!!
I did as well as a nice Lynx
Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 PM

Default One of my NWT regrets

Made 4 trips to the NWT for sheep and caribou and always had a wolverine and wolf tag in my pocket. got the white wolf but never ever saw a wolverine. In the same D'stephanie lake caribou camp a hunter from South Dakota missed one on a gut pile at less than 100 yards.
In sheep camp the following year a
California hunter missed one just over 100 yards but apparently they are tough to shoot as they never stop moving.
That one with the great markings would make a great full size mount.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Go careful there bit runner.

I don't know the details of what you are proposing but it doesn't sound good to me. There could be legal issues with this one.

You have to posses a fur dealers license to buy raw pelts. I'm not sure what the law says about buying whole animals.

The safe way is to have whoever took the critter, have it tanned,or mounted, then anyone can legally buy it.

I trust that you have worked all that out already. So, on to value.

$400.00 is a fair price, perhaps a very good price.

They have been selling for upwards of $450.00. However, top price paid at the last big sale was $390.00.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 PM

now that everybody has seen one party's face with the evidence, i strongly advise you to follow through with purchasing this animal in the following manner. either you will wait until the animal has been skinned and has reached the wet tanned stage before paying for the animal, or wait until the animal is completed whether you are going lifesize or rug, to pay for that animal. the second way to do it is to buy a fur dealers license to purchase the animal, will cost you $100 or something for the license. this is cheaper than a fine.

if you buy the animal while it is in a raw state, this will comprise an infraction, and there are lots of fish cops lurking the forum. do it my way or you will be investigated and you will lose your animal and will pay a massive fine and lose your hunting and fishing license potentially for the rest of your life (depending upon how long you live!) no person may buy the raw pelt of a furbearing animal unless that person is the holder of a fur dealers license.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post
now that everybody has seen one party's face with the evidence, i strongly advise you to follow through with purchasing this animal in the following manner. either you will wait until the animal has been skinned and has reached the wet tanned stage before paying for the animal, or wait until the animal is completed whether you are going lifesize or rug, to pay for that animal. the second way to do it is to buy a fur dealers license to purchase the animal, will cost you $100 or something for the license. this is cheaper than a fine.

if you buy the animal while it is in a raw state, this will comprise an infraction, and there are lots of fish cops lurking the forum. do it my way or you will be investigated and you will lose your animal and will pay a massive fine and lose your hunting and fishing license potentially for the rest of your life (depending upon how long you live!) no person may buy the raw pelt of a furbearing animal unless that person is the holder of a fur dealers license.
Realy, I guess i will wait till it is skinned & go that way.I havnt paid or recieved any thing yet so i guess i am just Dam lucky according to you.
I will look into it tomorrow but i think you are wrong on a few things.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:13 AM

Bit, another angle to check out is to see if your taxidermist has a fur licence....I used to buy taxidermy licences and they USED to include a fur buying permit..not sure if they still do...and then the guy could sell the wolverine to your taxidermist. Worth checking out, for sure....
Old 01-15-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
Bit, another angle to check out is to see if your taxidermist has a fur licence....I used to buy taxidermy licences and they USED to include a fur buying permit..not sure if they still do...and then the guy could sell the wolverine to your taxidermist. Worth checking out, for sure....
THANKS, It will be all legal with permits ect, My taxidermist DOES NOT do any thing shadey. Thanks for all the pointers from everyone but some people just should mind there own buisness.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:21 PM

You are right on one thing you can not buy it like that. I just talked to him and he said it has to stay in his name unti its finished. It goes strait to the taxidermist , paper work, permits ect with the animals, Thanks for your everyones concerns. Some of you are like cops on here, you guys kill me. Exspecially this quote,
if you buy the animal while it is in a raw state, this will comprise an infraction, and there are lots of fish cops lurking the forum. do it my way or you will be investigated and you will lose your animal and will pay a massive fine and lose your hunting and fishing license potentially for the rest of your life.
Guess what buddy i am doing it my way the legal way have a nice day.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:03 PM

Great to see henry doing so good, buty wolverine. Thats where hes the happiest is on his trap line.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:53 PM

Default Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
Great to see henry doing so good, buty wolverine. Thats where hes the happiest is on his trap line.
Ya talked to him again today after all this confusion to make sure all was good. He has sold over... well you can imajine how many animals and continues to sell them just the way the F & W want him too. Its all good and he is doing good. Going in for another appointment for his back may have surgery not sure yet but sounds like he is ready to go back out in the field again. Henry said when ever you do this, bye a animal it has to stay in henrys name till it is tanned,mounted ect. Then you can take ownership there after. Its the same way when i got my Fishers from henry. Same procedures, Permits Ect. Its Realy not that complicating. But yes your sure right he loves his Line. I think he took over another Huge line now that has not been trapped in years. Its right next to his now. So he has a Monster line now.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
Some of you are like cops on here, you guys kill me. Exspecially this quote,
if you buy the animal while it is in a raw state, this will comprise an infraction, and there are lots of fish cops lurking the forum. do it my way or you will be investigated and you will lose your animal and will pay a massive fine and lose your hunting and fishing license potentially for the rest of your life.
Guess what buddy i am doing it my way the legal way have a nice day.

Hey you funny guy, I just did that for effect. Sure sounded like a doink, didn't I???

ps, i was the guy that give you the friendly warning. i just didn't want no-one to have any fun with you.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post
supply and demand me good fellow.
meanwhile our adversaries desire to turn the wolverine into the next "holy" worship-able alberta wildlife specie. ikid you not, they are gunning hard for this. they want it to be the next "grizzly bear".