Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-09-2014, 08:40 AM

Default 2015 APA Product Guide

As suspected not too many changes as with most other brand bows this year...new the the Smokin King cobra, Copperhead model...Sold at cabelas only...good to see
Mamba X36 and X 39...Awesome for the long draw target..

Some new camo

Ther will still be bows availible not list like the M5

Many will bash and say nothing new...But I would rather see a company take a great line and perfect it than come up with something new but not so new and more expensive...JMHO

Little/major things like After extensive reserch and developement APA is proud to introduce the new HE Twin Flex limb.

APA is Canadian and doing an awesome job!!!

I know I will be hunting and shooting APA this year

Pumped to try the King Cobra and may pick up the M34 just to kick butt on paper!!!

http://www.apaarchery.com/APA_2015_Product_Guide_1.pdf

Neil

Last edited by L.O.S.T.Arrow; 12-09-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Other real neat new inovations I forgot to mention ...on all the risers all bows will have the canadian maple leaf shape broadhead wrench...scary how well it works...a neat new mount on top of riser for the tiny GoPro camera... a new rear stabilizer hole...a system to mount wrist sling directly into riser...duel rest mount inserts...deeper shelf so all drop aways adapt...a new finish that is almost rubberised so quite on stands and mor scratch and chip resisitant...

Just to mention a few more....

Neil
Old 12-09-2014, 12:05 PM

Looking forward to meeting/seeing you at a few shoots this year Neil, hope you can make it out to some.

LC
Old 12-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Looking forward to meeting/seeing you at a few shoots this year Neil, hope you can make it out to some.

LC
Yup Gonna try hard ...Hence the M34 ... Gonna get back in just for fun, practise and comradery ...and leave Competitiveness totally at home...

Neil
Old 12-09-2014, 01:34 PM

So what is essentially different, when I already have a pair of APA bows, to shell out for another one

Not saying I wont. Just observing that other than the new limbs and a different camo pattern I am a little underwhelmed. Are the limbs a real game changer.

Have they changed the finish very much to prevent flaking and chipping
Old 12-09-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
So what is essentially different, when I already have a pair of APA bows, to shell out for another one

Not saying I wont. Just observing that other than the new limbs and a different camo pattern I am a little underwhelmed. Are the limbs a real game changer.

Have they changed the finish very much to prevent flaking and chipping

If you already have two you most likely wont unless you want the 370+ FPS of the Cobra..

When I talked to Nibal at APA he mentioned that the new finish will be awesome..

Neil
Old 12-09-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
If you already have two you most likely wont unless you want the 370+ FPS of the Cobra..

When I talked to Nibal at APA he mentioned that the new finish will be awesome..

Neil
31" draw length. Might be able to skooch it down to 30" for the Cobra.

I sort of like the digitized camo finish.

Will likely try to attend one of their roll outs and give the Cobra a shot.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Yup Gonna try hard ...Hence the M34 ... Gonna get back in just for fun, practise and comradery ...and leave Competitiveness totally at home...

Neil
Exactly! It's about the fun and the people for me mostly too. The folks involved in archery in Alberta right now are an excellent bunch of folks.

LC
Old 12-10-2014, 08:10 AM

We are going to have Nibal and crew from ATA at the shop on this sunday Dec 14/14 around 3:00-4:00 afternoon with the new APA line up...all are welcome...

Neil
Old 12-10-2014, 06:34 PM

Do all the models come with the camera mount?
Old 12-10-2014, 07:30 PM

from what I understand on most 2015 models
Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 PM

hey neil have you shot the mamba air, hows it compare to the m6?
Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
hey neil have you shot the mamba air, hows it compare to the m6?
The Viper AIR was my main bow this year...the Mamba AIR was my back up bow this year I own one...its a Pocket rocket for sure...imho the smoothest Mamba...
Neil
Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 PM

Sweet thanks. The price on those is pretty good. Dunno if I would miss the handle or not though
Old 12-12-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
Sweet thanks. The price on those is pretty good. Dunno if I would miss the handle or not though
Since I use the Primos Bow Sling as I do a lot of hunting on foot, or even just going to stand or blind I don't even notice it except on how nice and light it is while still being super accurate...

Neil
Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Was happy to shoot for APA for 2 years , they have a good product......

Rob
Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Since I use the Primos Bow Sling as I do a lot of hunting on foot, or even just going to stand or blind I don't even notice it except on how nice and light it is while still being super accurate...

Neil
thanks neil im gonna go test shoot one this weekend if I get the chance
Old 12-19-2014, 08:57 PM

That cobra is certainly intriguing. I love the idea of something just being shootable (I shoot an experience), but there is something enticing about speed. If I could shoot the cobra as well as an experience, I'd take the faster bow. Not because I have light arrows that I want top speed on, but because having heavy arrows move fast seems impressive. At the end of the day, dead is dead though.
I like the idea of the apa bows and their specs but I've heard things from people who seem to know more about bows than me that would make me hesitant to get one. I kinda feel like if I can shoot one really well, that is all that would matter though. How can someone know whether the construction of the bow is any better than the next? I love my bowtech, but are the limbs and cams any better or worse on something like prime, Athens, obsession, apa, elite? How would someone know? (not just noobs like me)
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 PM

Default 2015 APA Product Guide

"I love my bowtech, but are the limbs and cams any better or worse on something like prime, Athens, obsession, apa, elite? How would someone know? (not just noobs like me)"

No one really has a definitively subjective answer because everyone is biased and every manufacturer has something going for it. At the end of the day you should shoot the bow that fits and feels the best for you. That's why they are all different. If one was substantially better than the others in all regards it would be the only one available.

If 2 bows are equally appealing, the final factor should be speed. Bottom line is we shoot our thousands of arrows every year in practice for one or 2 shots in the fall. If it's a toss up, your choice should always be the most efficient tool to do the job. Apple to Apple speed comparisons are a direct reflection of how efficient a set up is. Bottom line. Same measured dl (not mod position), draw weight, arrow weight and rest are necessary for Apple to Apple comparisons. This is where subjective interpretations and getting lost in " technicalities " and marketing ploys confuse consumers. Good luck! If your bowtech works, go with it. You won't be missing out on anything.

Norm
Old 12-19-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
"I love my bowtech, but are the limbs and cams any better or worse on something like prime, Athens, obsession, apa, elite? How would someone know? (not just noobs like me)"

No one really has a definitively subjective answer because everyone is biased and every manufacturer has something going for it. At the end of the day you should shoot the bow that fits and feels the best for you. That's why they are all different. If one was substantially better than the others in all regards it would be the only one available.

If 2 bows are equally appealing, the final factor should be speed. Bottom line is we shoot our thousands of arrows every year in practice for one or 2 shots in the fall. If it's a toss up, your choice should always be the most efficient tool to do the job. Apple to Apple speed comparisons are a direct reflection of how efficient a set up is. Bottom line. Same measured dl (not mod position), draw weight, arrow weight and rest are necessary for Apple to Apple comparisons. This is where subjective interpretations and getting lost in " technicalities " and marketing ploys confuse consumers. Good luck! If your bowtech works, go with it. You won't be missing out on anything.

Norm
well said norm
Old 12-19-2014, 11:15 PM

Thanks Norm. I appreciate your sensible input.