Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 PM

Default ATA Emails

I have been emailing the ATA from their website, for months (as well as the other contacts on the site) about attending their trapper's education, and I have had no response. Anyone know if this 'association' is legitimate, or are they just technologically challenged?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned

Maybe --illegitimate-- is what you meant...
Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Banned

Default A bit of a mess

Apparently from what I have heard the Administrator has been fired or quit....whoever has been retained for staff will be moving in to an unfinished building as there is confusion on who has been paid, not paid, how much and what is available for funds. From what I heard the whole thing doesn't sound good and that's too bad. The original person assigned to look after the building walked away from the project some time ago and to date there has been no explanation to General Membership.

Our club has asked our Zone Director to come to our next regular meeting in February to update us on what the heck is going on. We requested updates on the building, what the financial state the ATA is in, the DAO, the DVD educational video which has been three years in the making funded with ACA money, what the "go forward" plan will be, and a couple other minor items. He replied promptly and will attend our meeting with an update which should clear up alot of things and or rumours.

There could be some serious issues to be dealt with down the road. I will post the results of our update after our February meeting.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

We are living and trapping in some VERY INTERESTING TIMES..
We wait with "baited" breath for the outcome of your meeting, Wolfkir.. Hope it is early in the month...