Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-24-2016, 10:16 AM

Default Humminbird Auto Chart

I am thinking of picking up a Humminbird with Autochart and I have a question for the guys with experience. Do you have to use the Humminbird SD card or can you use any SD card?
I would like to fish the North Sask river since it is close, places to launch a boat are limited, and if you can launch, dodgeing sand bars could be tricky. Right now the river is high and if a guy could find an easier way over the sand bars it would make it easier for when the water goes down.
Right now the Humminbird card is about $100 and I would like to keep it for most of my use. I wouldn't mind picking up another SD card to use as my high water card.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:20 AM

I have a Lexar SD card and it works just fine. I didn't even know humminbird made their own SD card.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:52 PM

You can record sonar to any SD card but you need the zeroline card to use autochart live.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:19 PM

The Autochart zerolines card I use on my Autochart Live unit will record a crazy amount of data - I have recorded a crazy amount of structure and I'm pretty sure there lot's of space left.

You probably don't need a sperate card, and if you do, you can always copy the data by region (or date) over to the other card.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:26 PM

Sorry to highjack a bit here, but how can a guy re-write an area? I ask because while running on plane, my unit recorded a bunch of crappy data. I then went back over it slowly, but it didn't change my map. Anybody know how to overwrite data on the card?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyjim View Post
Sorry to highjack a bit here, but how can a guy re-write an area? I ask because while running on plane, my unit recorded a bunch of crappy data. I then went back over it slowly, but it didn't change my map. Anybody know how to overwrite data on the card?

That's strange - if you drive back over an area the map should over write the data (and inaccurate map). Mine does - not sure why yours would not.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:00 PM

I have only noticed it once. Glad too hear it should work good

Old 07-25-2016, 08:33 AM

Eventually it does crowd out the bad data. You could also delete the file with the bad data if you can find it. I downloaded my autochart files to my laptop and there were hundreds of them.