Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 AM

Default APA 2015 Bow Line Up Review !!

Well I dont know if this is so much a review as a personal opinion but here it is...

Yesterday we had Nibal and His new APA bow line up here at the shop for test drives and practical demo's..

I was once again very impressed, not only with Nibals professionalism in the archery industry but with the entire line up...

Some will say there isnt anything really new or mind blowing to the 2015archery world ... but you just have to hold one and see the new inovations to see there actually is a lot...

It seems that most now expect every bow company to come out with a mind blowing new design every year...well thats not going to happen as we advanced so quickly in the last couple decades...

IMHO if you take a bow that is already outstanding and perfect it ...that is revolutionary and inovative enough...if you take a popular model bow and or add 1/2" to ATA with a slight more reflex to the limbs to make that bow outstanding...I would perfer that...

APA has done that ...and they do have some new models such as the King Cobra and X36

Other models have been redesigned and perfected..although the same model bow name they have been inovated from grip to entire riser...

First some inovative features...the grip has changed slightly making it even more ST or slim thin...I didnt see any wrong with the old design but many like a very thin grip for accuracy..it is still a very comfortable grip...

The new "Soft Touch Armour" finish is amazing...it feels like rubber yet camo and colors are amazingly clear...its added to the dip process and will prove to be industructable compared to old finishes...I love it...
Another assest is its much warmer to hold in cold weather

A Couple new camo pattens and colors... I really like the new "Digital Camo" much like the military urban combat camo it really is an all season camo that will work well in all seasons including winter...it will work very well in my Elk parkland desert like territory...

The new "G1 Camo" which will replace the standard APA Vainsh camo is outstanding with an almost 3D look to it a much nicer camo IMHO...

Other features like the rear stabilizer insert on lower riser is going to allow an shooter with their perfect balance of bow...the GO pro camera insert between riser Fangs...[Doesnt impede with Fang as Bow hanger] is one of the most liked features with many of the shooters that attended...neat idea!

I really liked the built in riser bow wrist sling system...quick solid and totally adjustable with out bolts and leather face that can break or wear...will cut cost on slings also as all you need is your favorite custom braided para cord rope itself ...

The new Canadian maple leaf broadhead wrench on all models look awesome...A deep riser shelf will eliminate rest clearance issues such with the QAD rest hitting shelf on release as with many tuned bows...a seller point alone for some

One of the Shooters asked about Cam timing issue's and Nibal demonstrated how quickly that can be done if needed without a bow press using the bows "Cam Loc system"

The new X36 is going to be a hit with 3D and target shooters alike...which also will most likely see many of the shooters favorite hunting grounds...if a shooter wanted a bow that would do it all for them just to enjoy ... the X36 would be it...Im sure we will see the X36 on the competitive circles...

Nibal had a couple of the new King Cobras to shoot...everyone that shot it had extreme tight groups from such a smokin fast bow...

I was Shocked on the first couple shots..first by another shooter...for a duel cam smokin fast bow I expected to hear the bow bark...but it is super quite...amazing...both the speed and quiteness fcomes from the new "High Efficiency / Twin Flex Limbs" design...now that is inovative and actually works... most bow limbs flex in one standard area ...these flex in two completely different areas preforming many assets...

Im not a huge short BH [Brace height] fan on bows however the 5" BH on this bow feels so different than most...

Although the bow I shot was slightly long for me I suffered no arm slap or issues I have with other short BH bows...

The bow had little hand shock as the arrow sizzled out of the bow...the speed and KE from this bow was amazing..it buried the arrows in targets deeper than any bow hands down I have seen to date...

I like a bow that falls forward on follow thru...the King Cobra will do that without a stabilizer... yet is heavy enough for all the power...perfect balance for myself

This bow is perfect for the guys that want a one pin fast quite and accurate bow...a winner!!

All in all it was a great day with positive reponse from all that attended with several bow brand jumpers in the very near future!!!

personally I was very impressed!!! Outstanding job APA

Neil