Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-03-2013, 03:01 AM

Default One last outing before University: A goofy time with friends..

Just when I thought I had my last trip before the start of school my friends decided to invite me on another fishing trip as a kind of end of summer celebration. I was excited to go because it would've been my first trip in about 2 months where I didnt have to go by myself. Company is always welcome when out on the lake. One of my friends had never actually caught a fish in his life and was coming a long in hopes of landing his first. That made me even more excited because I had already brought 2 other friends this year to catch their firsts with success so I couldn't wait to try to land his first..

The lake of choice was chickakoo lake since I have been spending a lot of time on that lake over the last few days and have marked a few hotspots in my head. We got the good ol' sevylor inflatable boat ready to go, geared up and headed out on the water. It was a beautiful day and we managed to hit the water right when the sun was starting to go down allowing the trees to provide nice shady areas to float around.

I was the first to get a bite and land a fish. On the trusty Mepps Gold spinner that I had been having so much success on I pulled in a nice little fatty and took a goofy picture with it. It's always fun with a group of friends because you can always joke around on the boat and these pictures really capture the great mood that we were all sharing on the lake today..

I instructed my friend who was new to fishing to cast his len thompson spoon (Lady Bug pattern) close to the shore and to reel it in at different speeds as it got closer to our boat which was positioned more in the middle of the pond. And he followed the instructions very well actually getting a bite but losing it because he didn't even know that what he felt was a bite. He didn't give up though, quickly casting it back out about 4 feet to the left of where he originally cast. Surprisingly another fish was quickly on the line and ecstatic, he was able to land his first ever fish... It was a great moment and we all gave him a good pat on the back.

(Showing him how to hold his fish haha )

The rest of the pictures show another one of my friends who I took to catch his first earlier this year. And he showed all of us on the boat that he was no beginner and managed to out fish all of us hooking into 5 landing 3.

It was a great way to end a nice relaxing summer. Good way to spend the day with friends and a great time that will always be remembered =)
Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 AM

Last picture
Old 09-03-2013, 07:16 AM

Congrats on some nice fish!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Awesome man. Thanks for sharing.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM

Nice fish. Congrats to your friend on his first!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Awesome fish too bad about the life jackets though.