Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 AM

Default arrow preference?

well im a little dissapointed with a set of arrows ive bought, when i first started i just used carbon express and havent broken one yet, and they are a pretty good price considering. now ive always thought you get what you pay for, so i decided to go upscale and bought a set of easton powerflight 500's and ive already broken 2 of them and i didnt even get that many shots out of them, my carbon express are holding up a lot better than these pieces of junk. does anyone have a better preference on carbon arrows or should i just stick to carbon express?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:45 AM

Just curious, but how did you break the arrows? What was the situation? I've been shooting easton arrows for 2 years and only had them break when an animal rolls on them.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
well im a little dissapointed with a set of arrows ive bought, when i first started i just used carbon express and havent broken one yet, and they are a pretty good price considering. now ive always thought you get what you pay for, so i decided to go upscale and bought a set of easton powerflight 500's and ive already broken 2 of them and i didnt even get that many shots out of them, my carbon express are holding up a lot better than these pieces of junk. does anyone have a better preference on carbon arrows or should i just stick to carbon express?
easton are good arrows most of the ones out there are good. I shoot victory arrows and have had really good success with them so far
Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM

I use carbon express predator II and they work VERY well for me. I've broken 2... but I did that while using broad-heads and shot at the same spot on the target
Old 12-01-2008, 04:39 PM

Easton ACC's forever!

Well okay, I'm going to be using Easton ACE's for some of my target stuff. But for hunting, ACC's.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Easton FMJs are really nice hunting arrows... fly like a dart and hit like a truck
Old 12-05-2008, 08:01 AM

I use Gold Tip Pro Hunter like them a lot. Have used the Carbon Express Maxima But found the gold tip more durable.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 PM

I use the older style Carbon express arrows from a few years ago. Unfortunately the dont make them anymore.. . so I'm down to my last 11.

Anyhow, I really must say I do like these carbon express arrows. I've used them for target,3D and hunting. Wouldnt change if I wasnt forced to....but being down to 11 is getting low for all the shooting I do.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:35 PM

I have shot Carbon Express, PSE, and Easton AXIS in the past few years. I think I might go to the ACC this year or possibly back to a CE Maxima.....

The Victory arrows do seem really awesome too.....maybe worth a try this year....
Old 12-08-2008, 04:16 PM

Default Gold tip

I shoot powerflights too and I have broken 3 so far from the dozen I bought. All of the breakages are due to arrow to arrow contact though. 2 from me and one from a friend, they seem to be pretty durable though.

Although I am looking at Gold tips now, My friend has some And they are a little longer than my powerflights. I am 27.5 inch draw while he is 29 inch his arrows fly on avg 13 fps faster than mine from my bow and they are longer. we both shooting #70, he shot mine(they just fit in his bow) and guess what avg 13 fps slower.

I shoot a QAD dropaway, and he has a hostage rest. so its not the drag from the rests.

anyways thats what i've found. As for durability I have shot mine tons and no bad results.

Phil
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.