Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2013, 01:50 PM

Default Costco Masterclad Ti cookware

Hi Forum members,

I just purchased a set of pots from Costco and would like your opinion or experience with this product.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-15-2013, 05:22 PM

I tend to stay away form nonstick cookware.Does not seem to matter how much you spend on it in a few years the non stick is coming off.I have spent 150 bucks and 25 bucks on non stick frying pans for the few extra years the $ 150one lasted I could have bought 5 of the $ 25.What will help is keep them off really high heat and out of the dishwasher. I have heard really good things about the masterclad(still hearing the same thing that in a few years the nonstick starts bubbling and peeling) but for the price you could have got the kirkland set ,not nonstick but heard nothing but good about them,or made a good start on a set of all clad (best pots ever IMHO),or the first and best non stick cast iron.Ok wow I seem to write and or know way to much about cookware
Old 12-15-2013, 07:40 PM

personally.. I would rather have a little extra fat in my diet than cancer..

Teflon coated and non stick coating cookware has been proven to cause cancer in long term use.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 PM

I have the Kirkland stainless set. While quite nice, the frying pans take some getting used to. Its very easy to have the heat turned up on them and adhere your dinner to the pan. Needless to say it takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get them clean. Definitely start with low heat on the frying pans. As for the pots, great at boiling water...lol
Old 12-15-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I have the Kirkland stainless set. While quite nice, the frying pans take some getting used to. Its very easy to have the heat turned up on them and adhere your dinner to the pan. Needless to say it takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get them clean. Definitely start with low heat on the frying pans. As for the pots, great at boiling water...lol
While it's easy to stick food to stainless, I found the best way to get the hard stuff off is to put it back on the heat and get it darned warm. Put in some detergent and some warm water, and let it "stew" for a while. That'll loosen whatever it is up, significantly. Then, I hit it with some copper scrub pads (copper is harder than food residue, but softer than the stainless steel, so won't scratch it), and if need be, some Bartenders Friend at the end to polish it up and remove any remaining stiaining.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:24 PM

To cook in stainless or carbon steel, and in cast iron, the secret is to heat the pan before you add oil. The pan should be kept at a temp below the smoke point of the oil. I use carbon and SS, never have food stick.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-16-2013, 06:30 PM

Thank you all for the feedback

I have contacted Master clad and they have assured me they do not use cancer causing materials in their coating.

They are extremely nice to cook on the best I have ever used and are warranted for life.

I am still a bit concerned though as I am still worried about the potential cancer issue
Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Enemy #1 View Post
Thank you all for the feedback

I have contacted Master clad and they have assured me they do not use cancer causing materials in their coating.

They are extremely nice to cook on the best I have ever used and are warranted for life.

I am still a bit concerned though as I am still worried about the potential cancer issue
Get your hands on Le Creuset cookware available at Costco. It's not cheap, but way more affordable than copper. Cast iron pans are great. NEVER wash them with anything but water.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
While it's easy to stick food to stainless, I found the best way to get the hard stuff off is to put it back on the heat and get it darned warm. Put in some detergent and some warm water, and let it "stew" for a while. That'll loosen whatever it is up, significantly. Then, I hit it with some copper scrub pads (copper is harder than food residue, but softer than the stainless steel, so won't scratch it), and if need be, some Bartenders Friend at the end to polish it up and remove any remaining stiaining.
Good to know. Thanks!!