Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-13-2013, 08:38 PM

Default Justice for "Jax" Please read

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this. Mods, please move it as you see fit.

I stopped today at the Water Valley General Store before heading to a hunting spot and found a sign on the wall that made my heart race and my blood boil!!

I took a picture but it won't turn out here so I will quote what it said...

At the top of the page was a colour picture of a beautiful golden Shepard.

It read:

On Friday, November 1, 2013, about noon, an illegal and senseless killing occurred at the end of range road 53 a bow Winchell Lake, only a few feet over his property line. The road was well marked "No Hunting". He was shot in the middle of the the day from the roadway. The law has been broken, total disrespect shown to the year round residents of this community and a black mark placed on hunting in general. Responsible hunters do not behave in this way!

If you see or encounter anyone hunting in appropriately please report them to fish and wildlife. The number is 1-800-642-3800. Provide as much information as possible including their license plate number.

Max will be missed as a well loved companion and working dog, assisting in every aspect of life on this property.

End of letter

Hard to believe someone could be so stupid and cruel as to shoot and kill this dog... If your wanting to post something in defence of this incident or try to figure out why, please remember that the family could be on this forum. I'm not posting this so we can debate what and why this happened.

My hope is that someone may have heard something, anything that could bring some closure to the family and justice for Jax.

Thanks for reading.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 PM

Correction!!

Range road 53 ABOVE
Old 11-13-2013, 11:11 PM

that makes me sick i cant believe the lack of respect people have now a days.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 AM

Every year this seems to be happening more and more. I think there are people out there who just like to cause pain and suffering and have no regard for others. So sad to hear things like this.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Default Where r these people

It seems there are quite a few postings of these kind of people and nibody seems to know anyone of them. Id turn them bustards in and probably with a shiner in this case. Absolutely hate animal cruelty.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:36 AM

All this talk about wolves has gotten to the road warriors. I would make my dog wear a blaze orange vest this time of year!!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:41 AM

Given the debates we have about "roaming" dogs I would suspect a nasty neighbour more than a passer-by or "hunter". Shooting a dog s just evil. Would be great if they were caught.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Default Ditto to blaze orange

I don't think a hunter of a neighbour would shoot a dog like that, but I do think trigger happy city boys who have very little exeperience with coyotes sure would.

My girls wear blaze orange and even at that I'm very careful of where we go.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:21 PM

i really dont like the term city boys me and my friends are from the city and would never do any thing like that.but we can also tell the difference between dogs and coyotes.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:28 PM

Agreed. Dont single out anyone. If we dont know who it was then its an unfair statement. The fact is, its a loss of loved one. I have to wonder what needs to be done. Should we all have to be tested? Competency exams to know the difference between from domestic canine to a coyote'? Deer from an Elk? Seriously, what causes people to behave in such a disrespectful manner? Think before shooting.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
I don't think a hunter of a neighbour would shoot a dog like that, but I do think trigger happy city boys who have very little exeperience with coyotes sure would.

My girls wear blaze orange and even at that I'm very careful of where we go.
There are just as many trigger happy country boys as there are city boys. FS