Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Default lookin for a new bow

Im lookin for a new bow and was just wundering if there is a certain time of the year when you can better deals.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm206 View Post
Im lookin for a new bow and was just wundering if there is a certain time of the year when you can better deals.
What kind of a bow are you looking for? I have an APA black mamba x2 red target color for sale right now if interested send me a pm
Old 12-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Im not excactly sure what i want right now for a new one right now. I didnt want to buy a used one because i did a few years back and got kinda got burned on it. The limbs had a hair line crack in em and being new to the sport I didnt even notice it or know what to look for. But thanks for the offer, I was lookin at the Browning line or APA bows. Havent had a chance to go try any out yet. Does any one know what Kodiak Lake in Barrhead sells for bows? I know they carry APA but not sure if thats the only one they carry.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm206 View Post
Im not excactly sure what i want right now for a new one right now. I didnt want to buy a used one because i did a few years back and got kinda got burned on it. The limbs had a hair line crack in em and being new to the sport I didnt even notice it or know what to look for. But thanks for the offer, I was lookin at the Browning line or APA bows. Havent had a chance to go try any out yet. Does any one know what Kodiak Lake in Barrhead sells for bows? I know they carry APA but not sure if thats the only one they carry.
not sure what they handle. I hear you on the not wanting to buy a used one. mine is like new and I get a new one every year, Factory prostaff, that is why I am selling mine so cheap half price of a new one and guaranteed through them and through me if anything happens to it.
give them a call and see what they have
Old 12-06-2008, 10:40 PM

I would personally contact SwampDonkey from this forum. He sells bows at very good prices and best of all you leave his shop informed, bow tuned, and sighted in. In my opinion the service is worth more than what you would over pay for a bow else where! I bought a Martin Firecat from him and everytime I shoot it I can't get over the feeling. It's such a weapon!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:23 AM

Default New Bow?

Hey If your interested in new bows, I gotta strongly suggest that you check out the APA lineup. I bought a Ross Cardiac, which I love to pieces. Then After that I checked out the apa's at the factory in Biggar. I went there with my fiance and we both shot and looked at bows...the mamba x1 was amazing and the viper was super sweet too...SOOOOO SMOOTH..

Take my word they are amazing bows...

Phil
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 AM

Regarding new bows and when to buy them.......you should be looking now as new product is coming in and they will be clearing out last years models. Any new product coming in now, the prices have gone up significantly due to the Canadian / American dollar exchange. Unless you don't mind spending extra money, take a look at last years models.....if there is anything left on the shelves. I have a PSE dream season and it is a smooth, fast and accurate shooting bow. I also have a Matthews switchback which I like.....very forgiving, easy to draw and has taken a few critters I have yet to take out my PSE.....hopefully during bear season.........Marco
Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 PM

Default Browning bows

I have the Browning Illusion and I really like it, and the price should be dropping when they bring the Grand Illusion in to take its place. Keep your eye out between now and spring if you want a new model or to get a deal on last year models.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM

Good luck on buy ing a new bow.... I'm sure you will be happy with what ever you get. If it was me I would consider trying to find an 08 or even look used if you can find something newer. With the dollar right now, the price of bows went up quite abit. higher end bows are excceeding 1100 now... and mid range bows are where the high ends used to be.

I can just imagine the mark up from cost to manufacture and design a bow to the end price on the shelf...... 1100+ just seems to extreme.