Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-23-2008, 03:33 PM

Default Bear Archery

I am looking at purchasing a Bow from Bear Archery more then likely the GAME OVER, Has anyone heard anything bad about this bow? or anything Bad about the DONE DEAL? i would like to buy the Truth 2 but it's at the top end of my budget right now.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Default The Truth 1

Why not the original truth bow? When it first came out it was $550 I believe. Or look at Pearson, my bro. has the Z32, wicked bow with out the wicked price tag
Old 11-23-2008, 08:08 PM

I shot one (DONE DEAL) at Bass Pro Shop in Vegas and thought it shot very smooth and is balanced nicely. I am a fan of the Bear bows however I would always recomend shooting them for your self. Although the truth II is a very nice bow I would steer clear of the original truth as it had a few issues that were addressed in the II.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 PM

Thanks..i have shot the Truth 2 already, it liked it a lot more then the PSE and Bowtech bows i've tried. but like i said the Truth 2 is at the top of my budget at this moment. I like the GAME OVER cause it has almost the exact same specs as the other two, same weight, hieght, Same CAM system , only less powerful @ 305fps.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Buck View Post
Why not the original truth bow? When it first came out it was $550 I believe. Or look at Pearson, my bro. has the Z32, wicked bow with out the wicked price tag
+1 on the wicked bow part and the price is unbeatable for a top end bow.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Airborne, If I was you I'd seriously look at Pearson, the Z32 ranks up there with the truth 2, the drenalin and other top of the line bows but it doesn't have there price tag! The Z32 is $500-$600 vs. the drenalin @ $850. There is nothing wrong Bear, but I think you'll get more bang for your buck with Pearson, but it's your choice, get what you like, not what I like.
Too bad you weren't looking about 10 months ago, cabelas had a winter clearance sale, so I bought the Browning Illusion bow for $600! Check any archery store in Canada, $900-$1,000 for the same thing!!
Let us know what you get!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:32 PM

Ya I have looked at the Pearson bows youngbuck, and they are nice. but i also want a bow that has a good warranty and so far Bear has one of the best i've seen. Those prices are nice, especially for what you get. Ya i wish i had seen the cabelas clearence sale, cause i've looked at those Browning bows and they are nice. just a little over what i want to pay.