Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-09-2008, 08:56 PM

Default Need help with old bow

was wondering i found an old long bow in my basement that i bought at a auction sale it says it is 43# it is a stream ease fibreglass bow looks like a target bow i shoot it very well but not as good as my compound it should be legal to hunt with right. Also will 43# kill a deer or moose.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:33 PM

2008 Alberta hunting regulations, page 40 "Persons hunting big game must use an authorized bow and an authorized arrow. An authorized bow is one that is held, drawn and released by muscular power and has a draw weight of not less than 18 kg (40 lbs)." So yes that bow would be perfectly legal for you to hunt with in Alberta. Good luck and give er hell
Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 PM

Bull 40 # is the legal wieght to hunt with i know guy that hunt with 40 # bows and hunt deer and elk, have never tried moose thought would probaly be about the same as an elk so i would say yes it would do the same, right arrow and broadhead you have a lethal combination, the only thing i would recomend is finding you range of comfort weather it's 20 _ 30 yards or what where you are the most accurate at and good luck