Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-26-2019, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Mark, you don’t know that, no one does, your talking about an administration run by the MNA playing chess with federal and provincial governments laying ground for the next fight they have their sites on and I promise you it ain’t hunting or they would have went for the whole 30,000, think bigger bud,
This is 100% the thin edge of the wedge.
Lets hope for some sane Gov types to put a cork in it.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Mark, you don’t know that, no one does, your talking about an administration run by the MNA playing chess with federal and provincial governments laying ground for the next fight they have their sites on and I promise you it ain’t hunting or they would have went for the whole 30,000, think bigger bud,
This is the point I’m making. A reactive approach is too late. Being proactive is the only way of responsibly managing our resources.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
This is the point I’m making. A reactive approach is too late. Being proactive is the only way of responsibly managing our resources.
Death by a thousand cuts
If he got it, then I want it too
Once it starts then when does it stop?
When is it too late?
Old 03-26-2019, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
It’s time we start electing people that have the balls to say no
Old 03-26-2019, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Death by a thousand cuts
If he got it, then I want it too
Once it starts then when does it stop?
When is it too late?
Ha, Bruce Lee!

There is no denying this is a loss for both the regulated hunters of Alberta and the Alberta wildlife. I suppose it’s a case of enjoy it while it lasted.

Unfortunately our wildlife resources have never been a priority of our government, this is just the final nail in the coffin.

Wildlife conservation isn’t a priority of our government so it should not, and no longer will not be a priority of mine.

I figure it’s time to throw in the towel. If you can’t beat em, join em.

Look on the bright side, the Alberta government isn’t willing to spend money on protecting our wildlife
Old 03-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
This is 100% the thin edge of the wedge.
Lets hope for some sane Gov types to put a cork in it.
Your not gunna get it, Kenny can’t control his own party and will only mimick Ralph Klein and throw us into a 10 year recession. So if your 40 or younger and you don’t lose everything in the cuts, you will again see a strong Alberta, if you 40 or older you will lose your investments, old age pension, Medicare and your savings. Anyone with a brain under 40 will vote for Kenny anyone with a brain and wants to retire with what they worked for will vote ndp, they have to look after themselves and let the young figure it out themselves, I’m in the old group
Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your not gunna get it, Kenny can’t control his own party and will only mimick Ralph Klein and throw us into a 10 year recession. So if your 40 or younger and you don’t lose everything in the cuts, you will again see a strong Alberta, if you 40 or older you will lose your investments, old age pension, Medicare and your savings. Anyone with a brain under 40 will vote for Kenny anyone with a brain and wants to retire with what they worked for will vote ndp, they have to look after themselves and let the young figure it out themselves, I’m in the old group
And you think the ndp are a good choice ha
Of course they are! Just ask and they will go in debt to give
On the 16th please stay home
Old 03-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
And you think the ndp are a good choice ha
Of course they are! Just ask and they will go in debt to give
On the 16th please stay home
So I have 5 years to retirement, I vote Kenny and lose half my retirement nest egg due to tail spinning recession due to cut backs. Ten years from now all is fantastic except for the retired who can’t restore what was lost. Or I vote ndp and keep what I have and can retire and be ok, hopefully I’ll be dead before it comes around to bite Alberta. I’m being selfish but have no choice this late in the game, and try a little cooth in your wording you come off as disrespectful in most comments which I’m sure your not
Old 03-26-2019, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
So I have 5 years to retirement, I vote Kenny and lose half my retirement nest egg due to tail spinning recession due to cut backs. Ten years from now all is fantastic except for the retired who can’t restore what was lost. Or I vote ndp and keep what I have and can retire and be ok, hopefully I’ll be dead before it comes around to bite Alberta. I’m being selfish but have no choice this late in the game, and try a little cooth in your wording you come off as disrespectful in most comments which I’m sure your not
What do you have your retirement funds in?
Carbon tax stocks?

Ya sorry I’m bouncing between being on here and sending emails trying to get paid before the ndp policies bankrupt more of my customers
Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
What do you have your retirement funds in?
Carbon tax stocks?

Ya sorry I’m bouncing between being on here and sending emails trying to get paid before the ndp policies bankrupt more of my customers

Lol, it’s funny cuz it’s true!

I got screwed out of more money this year than I’ve made in the past 4!

I should say last year, 2018.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Let’s break it down more, I’m a Métis and buy my tags, every year for the past ten years I get a moose or a elk just on my draws. .

Really huh? Wish I'd had the privilege of getting DRAWN for an elk or moose every year for the last 10 years. Would be a lot nicer than waiting close to that long, at a cost, for just a "chance" to hunt moose, and general tagging bull elk every year.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Really huh? Wish I'd had the privilege of getting DRAWN for an elk or moose every year for the last 10 years. Would be a lot nicer than waiting close to that long, at a cost, for just a "chance" to hunt moose, and general tagging bull elk every year.
I’m in the same draw system as you bud, don’t blame me if your a horn hunter and have to wait ten years for a bull moose draw. If you would follow the thread so your informed on its participants you would remember I’m a Métis with no harvesting rights as a Métis, I’m no different than anyone else. your in ability to figure out the draw system is no one’s fault but your own. I don’t have kids or a wife that apply for draws, just me and I can get a cow elk draw 2 out of every 3 years and a cow moose draw on the third year. As you see I shoot mostly cows and tag every one. Don’t whine about stuff that’s your own fault, it’s not a Métis thing, try hunting for meat instead of entertainment. Your blind by greed and anger and logic and reason has escaped you

Last edited by Jimm; 03-27-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Scooter, what exactly is it I’m not understanding? Please do tell!

It’s not a biased prediction, I personally know two handfuls of people who have been chomping at the bit to use their harvest rights, a couple even started early. In fact, I know a metis who has been poaching trophy bucks for years, his son is even a member of this forum. Now he has a license to kill and I assure you the harvest rights will be abused.

What has the type of people I’ll find at the MNA got to do with anything? Are you implying I would expect otherwise? You’re just like r3illy, trying to make this issue about race, not fish and wildlife management. Greed greed greed.

I think this post sums up your hysterics nicely. You keep pretending your outrage is over conservation but you just admitted that you know a poacher and havent done anything about it? I thought your concern was conservation yet your turning a blind eye to poaching??

I guess when it comes to you doing the right thing we know where you stand.

Your stance early on was equal rights, then Removing treaty rights and now you pretend it's about conservation while willingly ignoring poachers that have run rampant for years.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:00 PM

I may as well put my 2 cents. When they allowed Metis rights here in sask for that one year, '94 I wanna say, it was the only year that I sat out. It was way too dangerous. The procedure wasn't vetted, not much was needed to get this card(waaay different now). The problem people were the Ukranians, Germans, and other Europeans that got this card under false pretenses. Not the legit people that the gov't intended it for. I lost a lot of respect for people I knew, because previously they were large voices against the inequality, but like one poster mentioned earlier, it definitely was a case of "can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em" mentality. I'm not too worried about it. I think if people were honest with themselves, they would like to be in on this list as well.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
I think this post sums up your hysterics nicely. You keep pretending your outrage is over conservation but you just admitted that you know a poacher and havent done anything about it? I thought your concern was conservation yet your turning a blind eye to poaching??

Your stance early on was equal rights, then Removing treaty rights and now you pretend it's about conservation while willingly ignoring poachers that have run rampant for years.
Bahahaha! Nice try troll.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post

Nothing you say holds a ounce of water until you stand up and tell us what your personal stake is in all this.
What are you gaining in all of travesty?
Are you a card holding Harvester?
Why are you afraid to admit you are personally getting something out of this?
What is your connection here?

Be straightforward here.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Nothing you say holds a ounce of water until you stand up and tell us what your personal stake is in all this.
What are you gaining in all of travesty?
Are you a card holding Harvester?
Why are you afraid to admit you are personally getting something out of this?
What is your connection here?

Be straightforward here.
why do you think he owes you an explanation

Last edited by last minute; 03-27-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:34 PM

Is there an emote for a flaming dumpster fire?
Old 03-27-2019, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
why do you think he owes you an explanation
Are you serious? He seemed to imply he has a big conflict of interest here. He is here spouting off and not being honest. Its perfectly fine to have a horse in this race but you have to a admit it.

You cant be all puffed up and the King of Virtue Singling and then not tell your audience that you not only are on the Bandwagon but driving the damn thing.

Just like how this agreement came about, it's dirty, dishonest, underhanded and extremely self serving.

Own it or shut up.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you serious? He seemed to imply he has a big conflict of interest here. He is here spouting off and not being honest. Its perfectly fine to have a horse in this race but you have to a admit it.

You cant be all puffed up and the King of Virtue Singling and then not tell your audience that you not only are on the Bandwagon but driving the damn thing.

Just like how this agreement came about, it's dirty, dishonest, underhanded and extremely self serving.

Own it or shut up.
Don’t let him get you worked up, it’s literally what gets him off. There are others posting here who you can discuss the topic with that will stick to the facts and not make things up just to get a rise out of you.

Seriously, the guy is a troll, not worth getting upset over.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bahahaha! Nice try troll.
I’m not choosing sides in this one you guys, but Kurt, you actually said everything he quoted, that is not deniable at all as it is easy to find in past posts. Maybe the man is a troll but certainly not for that quote, you did say that.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

Own it or shut up.
Holy you guys,,,we are at the point of telling people to shut up!!!here comes another “outfitters” ending. I’m sure all you adults can “type” on a keyboard without telling people to shut up!!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I’m not choosing sides in this one you guys, but Kurt, you actually said everything he quoted, that is not deniable at all as it is easy to find in past posts. Maybe the man is a troll but certainly not for that quote, you did say that.
You think so? I can’t for the life of me understand how you would come to the conclusion that I just sat back and let the guy poach deer and didn’t try to get him caught?

Here’s a little info for you, I have a friend who is a high ranking F&W officer, and have the cell phone numbers of officers from 2 other jurisdictions programmed into my phone. I’ve called all three officers on separate occasions. If I see illegal activity I report it.

Please quote me where I said I’m for everyone having harvest rights and prove yourself and r3illy are correct. I may have said that once it gets to a point when the people without harvest rights are no longer allowed to hunt that I won’t go hungry, and I most definitely said I don’t agree with unregulated hunting one bit, but in spite of what you and r3illy might be saying, I’m not one of the posters who mentioned equal rights that I’m aware of because I’m 100% against unregulated harvesting no matter the lineage, Treaty, Metis, Ukrainian, it don’t matter.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Holy you guys,,,we are at the point of telling people to shut up!!!here comes another “outfitters” ending. I’m sure all you adults can “type” on a keyboard without telling people to shut up!!!!
I didn't tell him to shut up. I just gave him choices and options. His voice/opinion means nothing unless he comes out with the truth. But you are correct, it was a little harsh and hurried. For that, I do apologize and know I can do better.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
You think so? I can’t for the life of me understand how you would come to the conclusion that I just sat back and let the guy poach deer and didn’t try to get him caught?

Here’s a little info for you, I have a friend who is a high ranking F&W officer, and have the cell phone numbers of officers from 2 other jurisdictions programmed into my phone. I’ve called all three officers on separate occasions. If I see illegal activity I report it.

Please quote me where I said I’m for everyone having harvest rights and prove yourself and r3illy are correct. I may have said that once it gets to a point when the people without harvest rights are no longer allowed to hunt that I won’t go hungry, and I most definitely said I don’t agree with unregulated hunting one bit, but in spite of what you and r3illy might be saying, I’m not one of the posters who mentioned equal rights that I’m aware of because I’m 100% against unregulated harvesting no matter the lineage, Treaty, Metis, Ukrainian, it don’t matter.
What is wrong with you people, I just said that you did say what he quoted, I never once said his response was justified, just that you said it, you guys are in way to deep and read into what’s not said and then respond to that, wow
Old 03-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
What is wrong with you people, I just said that you did say what he quoted, I never once said his response was justified, just that you said it, you guys are in way to deep and read into what’s not said and then respond to that, wow
Jimm, am I missing something?

You said that I said everything r3illy quoted me as saying in his post. r3illy said that I just admitted to sitting back and letting a guy poach, I said no such thing. r3illy said that i wanted equal rights and that I wasn’t focused on conservation, again a mouth full of lies coming from him.

If I said it, can you pull up the actual post I said it on?

Are you referring to something else?
Old 03-27-2019, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Jimm, am I missing something?

You said that I said everything r3illy quoted me as saying in his post. r3illy said that I just admitted to sitting back and letting a guy poach, I said no such thing. r3illy said that i wanted equal rights and that I wasn’t focused on conservation, again a mouth full of lies coming from him.

If I said it, can you pull up the actual post I said it on?

Are you referring to something else?
I said his quote of what you said was 100% correct.i did not say that his response or his interpretation of your quote was correct in any was, I never even implied that. I’m not mad either way like all you guys are. I’ll just do me you guys have fun with this or what ever you call it cuz the four of you are not going to fix this on an albertaoutdoorsman forum, good night sir have a great 😴
Old 03-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Banned

Will ancestry.com provide proof of metis ancestry? Got cousins that are metis but Ive never really explored it much. Sure would like tax free smokes and post secondary education assistance for my kids and grand kids if like Jimm says bigger things coming.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Will ancestry.com provide proof of metis ancestry? Got cousins that are metis but Ive never really explored it much. Sure would like tax free smokes and post secondary education assistance for my kids and grand kids if like Jimm says bigger things coming.
That site will haunt you the second you enter it, send you emails and paid promotions for years, stay away. And!!!!! I never implied or said anything
Anywhere close to what you just said, your interpretation of something, not mine. Buy your own smoke or quit and keep saving for university. Each of my kids cost me over 60,000 all said and done.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:31 PM

418 posts wow. Bottom line additional unregulated uncontrolled hunting will just about finish off our big game populations. Moose populations are already very low due to wolves and uncontrolled hunting. I don’t care if your status, Métis, or white if you can’t understand that when hunting isn’t controlled there won’t be anything to hunt and your pretty bloody stupid.