Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-04-2014, 08:17 AM

Default Rendezvous Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertaTrappersRendezvous

Hey trappers, I know facebook is often a place where your kids live...BUT it sure is a great place to share information on ATA Trappers Rendezvous - plus there is a ton of good trapping pictures, videos etc. Give it a shot and you might be surprised at the content.

The ATA Drayton Valley local is proud to be hosting the big event this year. We are hoping to see well over 400 people there this year. Guns, hunting trips, trade show, trapping equipment - outdoors, demos (skinning and methods), Ultimate trappers competition - including the new chest wader race through a creek course, of course with a heavy beaver on contestants backs.

The youth trappers events continue to grow and be a huge draw! We are adding squirrel snare poles as the 3rd event. This is in addition to the rat skinning and snowshoe race. We had at least a dozen compete last year.. and they love it. I am sure it will keep them wanting to come back.. and not just "forced" to go to the rendezvous by their parents. Greg Schroder told me in Grimshaw that he sees trappers conventions throughout North America and had never seen such a young crowd anywhere! Now that was the best thing I heard that weekend. Greg is a demonstration skinner who now represents FHA at these deals.

The event in Grimshaw last season was right over the top. We are aiming to do the same. Join us on July 25 and 26th.

Last edited by G_Godberson; 05-04-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:10 PM

Smile

There will be some SCTA folks up there for sure, Gary! Is there a Schedule of Events out yet?

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 05-04-2014, 01:16 PM

The final schedule is not out as we are still lining up events, presentations etc. What I can report is:
1. We have trapping Demos being done from Trappers from Nova Scotia, SK, BC and of course AB
2. The Ultimate Trappers event, adult and Youth will be a highlight
3. Skinning demos with Jackie, and I will do a Muskrat workshop
4. Presentations on trapping methods and related topics
5. Large tradeshow

Will not disappoint. EVERYONE will learn something and enjoy the weekend. Every year, the rendezvous seems to get better. Certainly one of the best Trappers events in the country.

p.s. we will have the detailed schedule done no later than early June
Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Default Rendezvous

We talked about this at our local meeting last night, seems to be lots of interest from our local. Should be a good turn out!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Default rendezvous

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Godberson View Post
The final schedule is not out as we are still lining up events, presentations etc. What I can report is:
1. We have trapping Demos being done from Trappers from Nova Scotia, SK, BC and of course AB
2. The Ultimate Trappers event, adult and Youth will be a highlight
3. Skinning demos with Jackie, and I will do a Muskrat workshop
4. Presentations on trapping methods and related topics
5. Large tradeshow

Will not disappoint. EVERYONE will learn something and enjoy the weekend. Every year, the rendezvous seems to get better. Certainly one of the best Trappers events in the country.

p.s. we will have the detailed schedule done no later than early June
Every year when i was in Nova Scotia i went to our annual Rendezvous,it was an awesome event,we plan to attend,look forward to seeing who this Fellow Nova Scotioner is Peter
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM

I'll be there for sure Gary, wouldn't miss it. They just keeping getting better and better.

The Grande Prairie Local 1070 will once again be hosting the "Peoples Choice Photo Contest" Bring your best 5 x 7 photo and enter to win.

Photos can be either wildlife, outdoors scenics, or life on the trapline. The winner will be chosen by way of votes by the public.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Banned

I was looking at the cost and there's a total price for the weekend and a price for just the dinner and dance. If a fella just had one day to attend (ie Saturday during the day), I was wondering if there was a cost just to attend for the day.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:44 AM

I follow the ATA on twitter as well. They tweet out some interesting stuff, including upcoming courses and events.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 AM

Hunter Dave - I am sure there probably is a one day price... I know you can just buy a banquet ticket for instance.

If you phone Linda at ATA Westlock Office she looks after this.

Hope you make it... on hell of a show these days
Old 05-07-2014, 10:05 PM

The boy and I are looking forward to the rendezvous.